Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My old cat!

Smile My old cat!

I used to have a cat named Silky. She was a beautiful cat! She was black and white I will try to get a picture of her soon then I will post it. She was a bit shy and did not like to be petted. But she was still nice to look at. She liked to sit on a box under the crib, it was cute! I tried to take her for a walk outside one time but it did not work. She would pull on the leash and it was not fun. She liked to play with a stuffed mouse and she liked taking naps in the sun. It was fun having her my old friend.

She sounds like a very nice cat, did she pass away?

No, she was tearing up the house and we had to give her back to the shelter. But I still remember and love her. (Sorry, can't find a picture)

Did you try to make her stop tearing up the house?
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Sounds like a cute cat. Too bad you had to give her back.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Did you try to make her stop tearing up the house?

Yes, nothing worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Furballs&dogbones View Post
    Sounds like a cute cat. Too bad you had to give her back.

Thank you, she was. I wish we could of kept her.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    No, she was tearing up the house and we had to give her back to the shelter. But I still remember and love her. (Sorry, can't find a picture)
    I'm sorry you had to give her up, I imagine it was a decision by your parents? Maybe these days you have gained more knowledge of how to train a cat not to be destructive, clipping of the nails with a tiny clipper, adequate scratchers and cat trees, daily play time, grooming and attention, etc. all make for a nice kitty that's a pleasure to be around. Are you living on your own now?

I can understand having pet issues with the parents. My mom insissted on not buying a cat tree because they get dirty. She is the first cat I am allowed to have with claws on her paws.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I'm sorry you had to give her up, I imagine it was a decision by your parents? Maybe these days you have gained more knowledge of how to train a cat not to be destructive, clipping of the nails with a tiny clipper, adequate scratchers and cat trees, daily play time, grooming and attention, etc. all make for a nice kitty that's a pleasure to be around. Are you living on your own now?

Yes, but as I said before she did not like to be petted so we could not clip her nails very often and she wanted to be an outdoor cat and that's not what we wanted. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    Yes, but as I said before she did not like to be petted so we could not clip her nails very often and she wanted to be an outdoor cat and that's not what we wanted. No.
    I understand you can't change what happened to Silky, but you might be able to have better experience with future cats.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    I can understand having pet issues with the parents. My mom insissted on not buying a cat tree because they get dirty. She is the first cat I am allowed to have with claws on her paws.
    Your mother isn't really a cat person at all, is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Your mother isn't really a cat person at all, is she?
    My dad had to talk her into letting me have a cat. I think she initially objected to having a litterbox, but cleaning it ended up being her job.

Another advantage of buying a cat tree is she can hide in it andf quickl get out. I am pickly about the features and materials.

My late ex-cat was not like at all and he will not comfortable at all to put on a leash and he even tries to act weird behavior. So, I never take out him for walking, he can go whenever he wants to go and he will know how to come back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.