Why was Silky shy? And more!!

Why was Silky shy? And more!!

I don't know why she was shy. Don't some cats walk up to you and want to be petted? Shy did not sit on my lap, come to me to be petted, or follow me when I walked past. Some day I want to get a cat that likes to be petted and likes to play with me! It would be fun to have a nice loving cat. Maybe i'll have a dog and a cat like Alpha and others, it would be fun to have to pets that care for each!! All I can say is that it would be good, fun, helpful, happy, and more!

I remember you said in an earlier post Silky was a feral cat, correct? Feral cats are like that. For a friendly lap cat who loves to cuddle, go to a shelter, where most cats do love to be petted.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    I remember you said in an earlier post Silky was a feral cat, correct? Feral cats are like that. For a friendly lap cat who loves to cuddle, go to a shelter, where most cats do love to be petted.
    Yes you're right CatMom, I agree with you, feral cats are really like that.

So she was a feral cat?

Was she wild her entire life before you adopted her? That would make her a former feral cat.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Was she wild her entire life before you adopted her? That would make her a former feral cat.

I do not know her background.

Okay. Did you just find her outside or go to a shelter?

I got her from a shelter.

So you will never know how long she lived outside with no human interaction. Someone probably started feeding her and decided she was better off living with someone else than roaming around outside.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.