Puppy peeing on bed

Puppy peeing on bed

We have a 4.5 month old goldendoodle named Luna who is great with learning new tricks, walking on her leash etc. She does really well with house training and has only had a couple of accidents in the house recently because we weren't quick enough to let her out but, we have one problem. She has a several dog beds through out the house and two at opposite ends of my living room. She will sleep in all of them depending on where she wants to be but one of them she repeatedly pees on. It's never any other bed or place in the house. I've tried switching it's place with the other bed and she will still go back to that bed and pee on it. I have soaked it overnight in an enzymatic cleaner and then washed it in the washing machine to make sure the smell is gone to her. She has been to the vet for all of her puppy appointments and shots and been given a clean bill of health.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? Should I just toss this particular bed and replace it?

has she been checked for a UTI, they will look for something soft to pee on if there is an infection. If she has no infection then she just doesn't like the bed or if you have other animals and they go in the bed then she's marking it. If there is nothing wrong with her and no other animal has been in the bed just get rid of that particular bed. Remove the bed and see what happens. But I would first rule out the UTI, take a pee sample to the vet, they will test it and you'll have an answer within minutes. But not that its become a habit of peeing on that bed I would just remove it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

What Linda said is what I would do. Good luck.

Welcome! It sounds like if it's just one bed she must be smelling something on it. Even if you bought it 'new', maybe somebody returned it to the store after their pet soiled it? I would get rid of the bed, and clean the area of the floor too, that that bed was on. I know it's a waste of money, but good luck!

Oh, and welcome.

I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.