I should have named Orri "mousetrap"

I should have named Orri "mousetrap"

earlier I heard Orri growling, his "I've got a mouse" growl, mouse was either stupid or wanted to commit suicide by cat, it came out with lights on. I watched to see what he'd do. Course Sandy was right there, he dropped it in front of her, she of course grabbed it and flung it and it landed on my foot. Needless to say that mouse is history. After she played with it for a bit then she killed it. I took it away from her and flushed it down the toilet. they are still patrolling, looking to see if they can find another.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Awww, poor mouse. It must have really gotten beat up by those two hunters.

Why did you iflush it down the toilet? I would expect the mouse to cause a blockage somewhere in the plumbing.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

a mouse is no bigger than a turd, it doesn't plug up anything. What do you suggest I do with it, I gave it a burial at sea.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Well, you can't say they're not earnin' their keep Linda. I don't flush mice, I just either put them out in the trash, or throw them back into the field where they came from. Plenty of coyotes and other animals wanting a snack, just had one behind my fence this evening, watched him until he leaped into the air, diving down at some poor critter in the bushes.

I don't put any food outside, it attracts skunks. Phoenix got sprayed twice so I don't encourage them to come. I feed the coyotes in the woods, if I have freezer burned meat or leftovers that Phoenix doesn't want but I never put any food outside.

I think Orri is teaching Sandy the fine art of hunting, she still a bit clumsy but they don't get away. I had to wash her face she had mouse blood on the side of her cheek. Course Nanny is a lost cause, she wouldn't hunt, she will watch but never join in. He tried to teach her then got disgusted and just killed it himself

I don't feed the coyotes or wild animals at all, maybe I'll throw a dead mouse into the field once a year if it's a fresh kill. There are times when my pear tree produces fruit some will drop over the fence into the field and some deer come to eat the droppings. I'm sure the coyotes will grab a few of those too. They're pretty fat and healthy by me, they kill prairie dogs and eat them, I've seen them carry them in their mouths. Hugs to Nanny, she's a lover not a fighter.

Nanny is a nice cat but not the brightest bulb on the tree. She's content to watch, sometimes she'll play with one of Sandy's toys but she is an older cat and prefers to either sleep in the tree or her bed.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.