Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gretchen, my friend's puppy

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    yes, she's a german shepherd, all shepherds are born black she will color up as she get older

Awwwwwwwwww! I just love that color! In a few months can you posted another pic of her? I want to see what she looks like then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    Relatively speaking, not that rough. In fact, very privileged. Probably in the top 1% luckiness of all dogs worldwide. Plus Gretchen has Linda on the phone- the best.
    We know that, but the dog doesn't.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    Relatively speaking, not that rough. In fact, very privileged. Probably in the top 1% luckiness of all dogs worldwide. Plus Gretchen has Linda on the phone- the best.
    I agree, even though the breeder wasn't perfect, the dog was well taken care of. Now she's in a home with a loving family and I think she'll be very happy there. She was never beaten, abused or starved...and like you said, her owner is getting helpful advice from a good friend. Lots of times any pup will have a bout with worms or some intestinal disturbances, but with good veterinary care and love at home, they soon forget any discomfort they had.

I think the ears are standing very well for a pup so young, must be strong cartilage. Some I see at the park are much older with one or both ears drooping.

At what age do German shepherds usually start to stand their ears up?

Some are younger than others, some stand by three months, others not until eight or nine months.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Sheila regrets getting Gretchen, said she didn't realize how much work a puppy is and she is having trouble housebreaking her (her own fault) she bites her hands (again her own fault). She calls me for advise and when I tell her she doesn't do it. I won't say "I told you so" but I told her so.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    Sheila regrets getting Gretchen, said she didn't realize how much work a puppy is and she is having trouble housebreaking her (her own fault) she bites her hands (again her own fault). She calls me for advise and when I tell her she doesn't do it. I won't say "I told you so" but I told her so.
    That's really a shame Linda, Sheila is old enough to know better. If she won't follow your advice, there's not much you can do.

Why does Sheila want you advice if she won't do anything you suggest?

I warned her long before she actually got her but some people have to learn the hard way. I asked her what she planned to do with her and she said she is keeping her and hope things will settle down once she's at least housebroken. We shall see. Might be different if she didn't have that husband of her's having him is a full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Why does Sheila want you advice if she won't do anything you suggest?
    good question. she said she bought a training book and pretty much every thing I told her is in the book, we can't all be wrong

Did you read the same hook?

no, I don't need to read anybody's else's opinions. I don't need any help, I know what I'm doing!

:- D

^ Linda's right. Don't stop her now.

she went to the vet this morning, fecal came back negative. But I told her to worm her again in a couple of week. If the adult worms that were killed had already laid eggs the newly hatched worms will not be killed by the previous worming. She needs to reworm to kill those then at least one more time to make sure she got them all. I guess now she realizes she needs to follow my direction so we are starting over again from scratch. If she listen it won't take long to housebreak her, the ball is in her court, either listen and get it done or fight with her forever about not "going" in the house

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.