Blotchy rash on my labradorís belly :(

Blotchy rash on my labradorís belly :(

This rash was noticed tonight, it does not appear to be bothering her. She is on Nexguard, eats a regular dog food sheís been on for years and has no other symptoms. Sheís a five year old black lab, very active. We live in Vermont and today was a warm one for spring, could it be heat rash? Something more?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know what it is but it looks nasty. Could she have walked through some tall grass or in the woods and picked up something that irritated her skin? If it gets worse I'd take her to a vet but in the meantime you can wipe her feet, belly and face with unscented baby wipes, every time she comes inside, that will get off any contaminate she my be picking up on her fur. I'm assuming she is spayed? If not it could be vaginitis, common in unspayed females but if she is spayed that its not that. Poison ivy maybe? It could even be a hormone imbalance. Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or more of it take her to a vet
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

It's hard to see because of his hairs, but it could be an allergic reaction. I see Poison Ivy being mentioned already - it might be that. Maybe even a dog food/flea allergy. Can't really see clearly in the photo. If it gets worse, please take your dog to see a vet.

I would consult a vet. Please keep us posted.
    ďSave a life and save a strayĒ

I agree with the others here, if it were my dog, I would take it to see the vet. Spring in Vermont isn't that hot to even think it was heat rash, in my opinion. I never used Nexguard, can it be a side effect? Welcome to the forum, hope it's nothing too serious....good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.