Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello

The 1 and 3 year rabies shot are one and the same, apparently a dog needs to get the shot a few days prior to the anniversary of the previous shot for it to be good for 3 years, at least that's what my dog's vet said. And the vet needs to certify that it's for 3 years. This has been my experience, my dog was getting yearly shots until we requested the 3 year shot. It's all about the money

Quote Originally Posted by mechi2 View Post
    The 1 and 3 year rabies shot are one and the same. Apparently a dog needs to get the shot a few days prior to the anniversary of the previous shot for it to be good for 3 years. At least that's what my dog's vet said. And the vet needs to certify that it's for 3 years. This has been my experience, my dog was getting yearly shots until we requested the 3 year shot. It's all about the money
    That makes no sense. I will look it up and see if the same is true for cats.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

To be honest, I am weirded out by so many people's experiences having so many problems with allergies in their furkids. I know genuine illnesses happen. But the statistical facts are that they usually do not. I have taken care of quite a few dogs now, and none of them have ever had any allergies whatsoever (or any other weird illness), despite living in a not particularly sanitary, rather toxically polluted environment in the tropics. So I always feel taken aback, like, what nightmarish other planet is this happening on?

And I hear people, of course meaning only the best for their pets, going around in circles with doctors, chasing this, chasing that, and to heck with the pet being used as a nonstop pincushion and guinea pig. Their stories are heartwrenching.

The whole situation just does not feel normal. I am NOT blaming the victim. I am saying the body generally heals itself, and sinking a fortune into the narrow veterinarian mindset should not be necessary as often as it is happening. I would bet dimes to donuts that whatever is causing the itching is something quite simple.

It's a case of Occam's Razor: The more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is.

Vets rake in a fortune making mountains out of molehills, following the white rabbit down one hole after another, while the pets themselves and their caretakers suffer obediently at their hands like slaves.

If the animal wasn't seriously ill in the beginning, it soon will be as their body is possessed by an endless series of one med after another.

I am not trying to criticize anyone. I'm just saying situations like this do not feel normal and do not feel right.

Sorry, end of rant.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 05-16-2018 at 01:02 AM.

You make some good points there DogForce, well said.

Dog, I hope you realize what that post can lead to if a pet really does have allergies and is not treated because of your refusal to accept the fact that problem is very common. You could be right if we were talking about something else, but many dogs have allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Dog, I hope you realize what that post can lead to if a pet really does have allergies and is not treated because of your refusal to accept the fact that problem is very common. You could be right if we were talking about something else, but many dogs have allergies.
    Nobody said dogs don't have allergies. Nobody said any issue should go unaddressed.

Perhaps you should pry yourself from your computer for a bit and take a walk, Catmom, before you have another Control Attack.

I think a lot of allergies can be attributed to over vaccinations and kibble. I've never had a dog with allergies, but raw fed dogs seldom get food allergies, I don't over vaccinate and for whatever reason my animals never had an allergy.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Food allergies can be blamed on kibbles. They also occur if a cat eats an all-wet diet that has low quality ingredients.

If you feed junk food you are going to get what you pay for, so instead of buying good food you'll pay out in vet bills. No brainer to me
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

A no-brainer to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    To be honest, I am weirded out by so many people's experiences having so many problems with allergies in their furkids. I know genuine illnesses happen. But the statistical facts are that they usually do not. I have taken care of quite a few dogs now, and none of them have ever had any allergies whatsoever (or any other weird illness), despite living in a not particularly sanitary, rather toxically polluted environment in the tropics. So I always feel taken aback, like, what nightmarish other planet is this happening on?

And I hear people, of course meaning only the best for their pets, going around in circles with doctors, chasing this, chasing that, and to heck with the pet being used as a nonstop pincushion and guinea pig. Their stories are heartwrenching.

The whole situation just does not feel normal. I am NOT blaming the victim. I am saying the body generally heals itself, and sinking a fortune into the narrow veterinarian mindset should not be necessary as often as it is happening. I would bet dimes to donuts that whatever is causing the itching is something quite simple.

It's a case of Occam's Razor: The more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is.

Vets rake in a fortune making mountains out of molehills, following the white rabbit down one hole after another, while the pets themselves and their caretakers suffer obediently at their hands like slaves.

If the animal wasn't seriously ill in the beginning, it soon will be as their body is possessed by an endless series of one med after another.

I am not trying to criticize anyone. I'm just saying situations like this do not feel normal and do not feel right.

Sorry, end of rant.
    i think youíre spot on, I couldnít agree more. I grew up on a farm with lots of dogs our neighbours had dogs never have I heard so many people complaining about itchy skin. Iím in the UK so thankfully I do not have to subject him to rabies vax but he had his first puppy ones and itís been ever since then I have had
    nothing but problems x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.