Cats have to go

Cats have to go

When my friend Sheila's son died she took his two cats. She recently moved into a new house and they are both neutered but have sprayed in the closets, ruined the rug in the living room, the floor is soaked with cat urine under the carpets, nothing smells worse than cat urine, I don't blame her for not keeping them, they are headed to the shelter tomorrow. Its to bad because she was fond of the cats but she now has to replace everything they have ruined. Strange both are neutered yet they are still spraying? They are both older cats 10+ years old and nothing physically wrong with them.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Ugh, this reminds me of the dog with a Korean name . . .Keola, right? I hope they are luckier and go to a no-kill shelter.

I have read neutered cats spray. Luke (my neighbor's cat) used to do the spraying action on a wall every time, but nothing ever came out.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

I've had only one cat that sprayed and he only ever sprayed my son in law's tires on his truck, all my males have been neutered by 5 months old and they never sprayed. Its to bad she has to get rid of them but I can't blame her, this started after she got the puppy, strange because her son had a dog and he never said they sprayed. One of her daughter's took the dog after the son died and she kept the cats. Her son had an undetected heart something and dropped dead, he was only 44
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Maybe the new house already had old scents of cat urine by cats who weren't neutered/spayed? That's all I can' think of, shame to get rid of the cats for this though, there must be a better way after some thorough cleaning?

the house is brand new, newly built and she moved in just before Christmas.

Could it be stress from moving at first, and now living with a puppy?

The cats are gone, a friend of her daughter in law took both. This person has two children, two teenagers and no other pets. She was told about the spraying and she wanted them anyway.

Progress is being made with housebreaking Gretchen, once she decided to listen to me she's doing good. Yesterday she actually went to the door to go out. Still a long way to go but it is progress

That's great news.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    The cats are gone, a friend of her daughter in law took both. This person has two children, two teenagers and no other pets. She was told about the spraying and she wanted them anyway.

Progress is being made with housebreaking Gretchen, once she decided to listen to me she's doing good. Yesterday she actually went to the door to go out. Still a long way to go but it is progress
    Good to hear the cats have a good home and Gretchen is making progress, she'll do great with more guidance, glad you're helping out with advice Linda.

Yay! Sounds like the cats will get lots of care and attention.

Moving to a better home should help them stop spraying everywhere after they get settled.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.