Maybe Homemade Dog Treats?

Maybe Homemade Dog Treats?

If anyone wants maybe?

BEFORE ANYONE MAKES THESE DOG TREATS, PLEASE PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR VET AND MAKE SURE THIS IS SAFE FOR YOUR DOG!

With gluten-free flour, I made biscuits as per the instructions and added to the mix real bacon pieces, ham pieces, and organic shredded sharp cheddar.

I rolled it and made them into bite-size chunks and baked them as per the instructions. My Lilly adored them, they were safe, and our vet liked them for his dogs and it was okay. However, PLEASE PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR VET BEFORE MAKING THESE!!

I apologize for the caps and red. I found this recipe and called my vet before making them. Please, please, be careful with your pet, and if it's okay, I hope your dog will enjoy!

Hugs

Saav
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

here's how I do homemade treats

get boneless chicken breast, remove as much skin as possible, cut pieces no thicker than 1/2 inch but as long as you want. Add NOTHING else

put the sliced chicken breast in a dehydrator, cook on high until the pieces no longer look shiny and don't stick to the trays.

Dogs love them. In fact making some today

You can also use beef or pork heart and kidney if you can find some
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

The only treat I ever "made" for my dog is organic beef liver, sliced thin, dried in the oven, and left on an open plate in refrigerator to dry further. Used just tiny pieces of it as a training treat, he loved it.

Now I'm off for the day, my daughter and I will go out for lunch then we have 60 pounds of meat to cut up and get in the dehydrator for treats. Be back later, have a good day
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

If I ever get another dog, I might try those recipes!

Hugs
    Saav
    Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.