Middle dog issues

Middle dog issues

Hello! I have three lovely babies and I have a question. First a little background on my pups: K is two years old and he is a boxer mix, L is three years old and is a terrier (think Toto), and Z is going on 5 months and is a dachshund/jack russell mix.

K and Z love to play with one another. L used to love to jump right in with them, but lately he has been trying to intimdate K, who has 30 pounds on him, by circling him and growling when he's playing with Z, even if they aren't anywhere near him or being rough with one another. We've had Z for about three months now, and I find it odd how L is acting this way all of a sudden. I have an appointment to take all three to the vet in a few weeks and will definitely ask the doctor, but wanted to get some advice before we go in to see if there is anything I can do to ease tension in the meantime.

Sorry I don't have any advice except to keep an eye on the situation so it doesn't escalate. Have there been any recent changes that could contribute to this behavior?
    “Save a life and save a stray”

could you elaborate on Z's aggressive behaviour? do you think it could be part of playing / or part of what he is learning since he is 5/6 moths old

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.