Man in China saves his stolen dogs by chasing and flipping thief's van

Man in China saves his stolen dogs by chasing and flipping thief's van

An unnamed man in southern China realized that his three dogs were missing at 5am. He quickly checked his home security camera footage. The footage showed a man dragging his dogs into a van. The man immediately called the Luhe Police and then took off in pursuit of the thief’s van.

The man was able to catch up to the van and proceeded to collide into it with his car. The collision caused the van to flip over and come to a stop. The owner jumped out of his car with what appeared to be a machete in hand. He ran over to the thief and starting swinging the machete. The owner was obviously and understandably angry and willing to do whatever was necessary to save his dogs.

The thief emerged with a bat and a battle began. Onlookers called the police as well, that arrived to help detain the thief. Luckily, all three dogs were rescued and unharmed. The owner was so happy to be reunited with his dogs.

The police detained the suspect, 44-year-old Xie. According to DailyMail, “Police also confiscated the tools believed to be used by the suspect to steal dogs, including lassos, a rod, a hammer and a butterfly catcher. They also found four fake number plates in the suspect’s van.”

Xie admitted to stealing the dogs but did not say what his intent was. More than likely the dogs would have been killed for meat or resold as pets. Thankfully, the dogs are safe at home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-pooches.html

Wow! Nice story and it's great that there was a happy ending. I hate the idea of the Chinese dog meat trade.

Oh my gosh...I would really lose it if this happened to me. Thank goodness he saved his dogs!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I would really lose it if this happened to me.
    Esme is being modest. I have seen her drive that jet black Mustang of hers. Far from losing it, she would have overtaken that van two blocks earlier than this guy did, and then she would have ripped open the side of it with her bare hands like a can of tuna, grabbed those scumbags by the neck, knocked their heads together like a pair of cymbals, and them held them in her vice like grips until the police arrived.

You mess with Esme's pets- you messin' with the wrong lady!!!

Very funny and somewhat true (except for the mustang car which is a bummer)
    “Save a life and save a stray”

serve the thieves right! and thank god the dogs are safe! it would be terrible if anything happened to the dogs while the owner was tryign to rescue them

Great story!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Great story! I''m glad he saved them!
    I love pets and I love Silky!

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Very funny and somewhat true (except for the mustang car which is a bummer)
    I misread this for several days. I thought it said your car "is a hummer". Lol

haha wow! great story

serve the thieves right! and im glad the dogs are alright!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.