Shed, shed, shed!!!!!

Exclamation Shed, shed, shed!!!!!

Why do some dogs shed more than others? A Goldador I know is shedding a ton but a Golden is not shedding much and he has longer fur. Why?

Thank you.
    I love pets and I love Silky!

Who knows, I used to have a chihuahua that shed like crazy and the chihuahua I have know doesn't shed at all, or at least not enough to be noticeable.

I don't know either for sure, but some dogs just shed more than others. I think every dog's coat is unique to that individual. One Husky may shed a lot, and another, not much at all. I think people are the same. Some have thin weak hair, and some thicker and stronger. Some people may lose a lot in their hairbrush, while others never notice loss of hair.

Thanks for the replies Alpha and Mechi! Maybe we can figure this out if more post!

In some cases it can be due to diet also

Really? I never hard of that!

I have two long-hair pet—a dog and a cat. They shed a lot in the autumn every year. And I lose a lot of hair in this season as well... but if they eat some salty food for a while, their hair would shed more than the amount of every day. In common, a long-hair pet seems to shed more serious than the short-hair one, as their hair looks obviously. So, I think shedding may relate to the weather and diet. Of course, we can't ignore the possibility of skin diseases, taking the antiparasite regularly can effectively prevent parasites. Hair shedding may be a natural process but also a sign of diseases.

german shepherds shed all year and all the time. A dog with fur will shed more, one with hair, not as much
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Which breeds of dogs have hair?
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

poodles, bichon, lapso, maltese, ect

If the hair stops growing at a certain length its fur, if it keeps growing its hair
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Cool! I always thought bichon dogs had fur!

Cool! I never knew that.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.