Pet hamster killed the other one

Pet hamster killed the other one

when I was younger my dad got us a pair of hamsters in a cage. the larger one was grey in colour and observably more aggressive. the other one was orange-brown.

the grey one would bully the other but nothing too serious, we could take them out to play together and they responded well. but, one day after getting home, we noticed that the orange-brown one wasn't moving anymore!! it had red scratch marks and we assumed it was killed by the grey one.

have never thought of hamsters in a violent way, but after doing some research, realised that some hamsters shouldnt be kept together. they express dominance and require their territorial space too. I wished that the store owners had told us about that before!

if the cage was to small that would cause aggression, just like people living in close quarters together all the time fights will erupt,. They should have been separated as soon as you noticed any aggression
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    if the cage was to small that would cause aggression, just like people living in close quarters together all the time fights will erupt,. They should have been separated as soon as you noticed any aggression
    yep youre right... couldve have intervened by separting them or getting a larger cage. oh well..

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.