Keyboard suggestions

Lightbulb Keyboard suggestions

My keyboard (which is manufactured by Kensington) sucks. I ordered it in March because the old one had some letter keys that faded away. Now that I am several days away from switching to Apple, this is the perfect time to replace it. The keyboard that comes with an iMac is worthless - completely flat with no way to know which keys my fingers are on or a number keypad. So I need to find a mechanical keyboard that is like what I have now (104 tall curved keys including a two-level caps lock key that are not illuminated). Apparently most of them seem to be built for gaming on Windows computers. "Game keyboard" is not just marketing, but the way a product is designed to be used. I am at my wit's end here and don't have time to keep Googling "wired mechanical keyboards for apple." Am I stuck with a slow keyboard that cost less than $10?
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

you know if you get a windows keyboard and download the apple drivers you don't have to use an apple keyboard. And you should know where the keys are so what difference does it make if you can't see the letters?
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

So I have to download an Apple driver to use a Windows keyboard? That would be a PITB.

its not a big deal to download compatible drivers. Most keyboards are pretty generic and interchangable with the correct drivers
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

The Apple guy at Best Buy told me I can use whatever keyboard and mouse I want at the store, but I could not understand anything he said about drivers.

If I was a cat, the change from Windows to Apple would make me vomit and stop using the litterbox.

so why did you go with apple? Apple runs on lynx not windows so its a whole new system you have to learn. But keyboards are pretty generic, just download the driver and you should be ok, it may even download itself when it recognizes different keyboard. You might try a wireless mouse and keyboard, when you put the bluetooth receiver in the usb port it may load itself

Apple runs on OS X. The guy did not mention anything called Lynx. The ease of use, sound, resolution, computer lifespan, hardware, security, and customer service are all superior and I can more with it (or so Mom thinks). But this is a big gamble for me, partly because of the keyboard.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.