Help!!!!! Potty training and barking.

Help!!!!! Potty training and barking.

Ok here goes this, I have a high energy 10 week old mini Aussie mix and a 2 y/o husky shepard mix at home. I bring the puppy with me to work every dayand that is making potty training easier because I can watch her and take her out when she seems like she needs to go. Sometimes she has accidents if I don't pay attention but do my best to take her out immediately and correct the behavior. It also has been making discipline training easy too. When I first got her at 7 weeks, she was amazing at going to the bathroom outside. My husky on the other hand, has some trouble going outside so she primarily uses potty pads inside. She never misses the pad, so Its not the worst thing to clean up after. In fact its really convenient sometimes since I live in the north with freezing winters. My puppy, over time, has been getting worse at going potty outside, I would walk her around the spots she likes and keep her focused on the task at hand, but 10-15 minutes pass and I decide to go inside or go back to work, she will pee shortly after inside. Not always, if at all, on the pad either. We do have pheromone scented pads. I don't know what is going wrong, I try to stay as consistent as possible but she has such a small bladder right now I'm not always perfect. My schedule for her hasn't changed. Is it possible that her being around the husky mix and learning from her is affecting her potty behaviors? Or is it something on my part?

PLEASE HELP

Also, if anyone knows how to minimize the puppy barking as well id really appreciate some tips because I currently live in apartment complex. I take her out on walks frequently and she plays well with the husky so she's getting her energy out constantly, but she just gets so excited and barks a lot to communicate anything. I understand she's little and just trying to communicate with us and our husky, but I'm worried about someone complaining to out landlord.

first thing I never recommend puppy pads, you just have to retrain her to go outside so do the outside training and get it done. At her age she can only hold it two hours, so she should be taken out every two hours. When you take her out and she won't go bring her inside and put her in a crate, the crate has to be small enough that she only has room to stand, turn around and lay down. If the crate is to big she will be able to get away from it. She won't go where she sleeps, she will bark or fuss when she has to go. Teach her words like "outside" and "go potty", when she goes give her a small treat and praise. Do NOT scold, hit, or yell at her, that will only make her afraid of you and she'll find places to go where you can't see her. A puppy that age should be fed three times a day, a high quality grain free food. Taste of the wild makes an excellent puppy food. If she still refuses to go bring some of her poop outside with you put it where you want her to go and let her sniff it, that may stimulate her to go.

As far as barking not much you can do about that, when she barks just say "quiet", when she stops give her praise and a treat. This one will take time, she's little and has to learn words and their meanings. Good luck with her and welcome to the forum

If you don't want to crate her then you'll have to leash her to you, when she starts to squat immediately say "outside" take her out and say "go potty". Again praise and treat when she gets it right
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Iíll try these methods thank you!! Unfortunately I have to have potty pads around the house for the husky, but the puppy has used them every once and a while and I praise her when she does. Do you think itís possible for her to become trained with both or should I only train on taking her outside? Also Iíve been feeding her multiple times throughout the day slowly since she has a habit of inhaling her food. So I space our her daily amount throughout the day in smaller portions. I read that that way of feeding is good for satiating hunger, since she had before inhaled her whole portion and be barking at her food for more an hour later.

I go the direct route, no potty pads. Why isn't the husky trained to go outside? Never to late to train her, but you'd have to start over as if she were a small puppy and crate train. Its possible to train to both I guess but I would think that would confuse her. Can't be ok to go in the house sometimes and not at other times. Is she crated at night? I crate train and takes me about three weeks to get it done, not so I"d trust them alone for long periods of time but after three weeks they do know to let me know they need to go out.

You can also train with a bell, put a bell on your doornop and teach her to ring the bell when she needs to go out. An aussie is a very high energy dog, she needs something to do to keep her focused and not getting into mischief. A tired puppy is a good puppy
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

You could get a no bark collar for the barking, it senses the vibrations in the throat and it gives a squirt of citronella at them, most dogs don't like it so they put it together that a bark gets a squirt. This may work but she is still pretty young

Not to throw my boyfriend under the bus, but the huskys lack of potty training was him and his exes doing, not enough consistency and drive to train due to their work schedule and the ex refused to help. However, sheís smart Iím sure if I train her alongside the puppy sheíll get the hang of it but it might take longer than the puppy right? since sheís gone two years without this kind of training? She sleeps with us at night, I do need to get on crate training her though I know this, Im planning to get a crate for my job so I can teach her. Itís easier for me to train her at my workplace since itís in a close space without too many distractions. At home, my husky distracts her horribly, itís difficult to get her to sit down even if I have treats. Without the husky, she can sit, give paw, lay down, and go potty outside more frequently.

Iíve been looking into those collars too, I ordered one from chewey

the husky can be trained but you'd have to start over with her as if she were a puppy. A two year old dog isn't going to take kindly to a crate but sometimes you need to bite the bullet and do what you have to do

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.