Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I need to vent

I have an external hard drive for pics and all that like videos and junk that takes up a lot of space. That way, I don't clutter up my laptops or the main puter. Easy peasy!

Hugs
    Saav
    http://www.petforums.com/showthread....of-Stony-River

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

I have a two terabite hard drive, three external drives and two burners. With two burners I can do direct copies without having to first put it on the hard drive, burn it then erase it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Catmom, those free programs google listed should do the trick without much trouble. Just pick one that looks good- maybe from the ones that are rated and have a lot of good reviews- download it and run it. I poked around a little, and it looks like some of the programs have a limit of 500 MB of free file recovery before they ask you to pay a fee. Some of them may simply be free no matter how much you recover. But if you use up one program's limit and still need to restore more, you could just switch to use another program's free allowance.

Free file recovery software is listed here.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 07-19-2018 at 11:49 PM.

be careful of free downloading software, they usually come with spyware or malware.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    be careful of free downloading software, they usually come with spyware or malware.
    Even on Apple computers?
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

An estimated 600,000 Mac users have been infected by the Flashback Malware. Although the number of infected computers is declining, Mac users are encourage to update their system to further protect their computer from the malware. Flashback exploits a security flaw in Java in order to install itself on Macs.

By default, your Mac automatically checks for software updates every week, but you can change that setting in Software Update preferences. You can run Software Update at any time to manually check for the latest updates.

In addition to the Java vulnerability, the Flashback malware relies on computer servers hosted by the malware authors to perform many of its critical functions. Apple is working with ISPs worldwide to disable this command and control network.

Symantec also released a trojan removal software for Mac computers that are still infected. The trojan remover can be found here while Mac updates is available here.

http://www.freeantispywaredownloads....hback-malware/

Wow, so much for people saying Apple has much better securirty than Microsoft.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.