Our Tiggy Is At Vet's Overnight, Awaiting Test Results

Our Tiggy Is At Vet's Overnight, Awaiting Test Results

Our Tigger (Tiggy), is not well. My hubby took her to the vet today. She had seemed to lose her appetite a little over the past two days and last night was hiding under the bed.

So far, her tests show she does not have diabetes or a thyroid problem, but she was dehydrated and they are testing her kidneys.

I am very concerned. Tiggy is 16 years old and exhibiting the very same signs and symptoms my Monster had when he had complete renal failure when he was 16 in 2005. When the test results came back for him, we had to make a very difficult decision and since there was no hope, we had to do the right thing for him to ease his suffering. Monster found his way to the Bridge on June 7, 2005.

Please keep our Tiggy in your thoughts.

Hugs
    Saav
    http://www.petforums.com/showthread....of-Stony-River

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

I'm so sorry Saav, I will defiantly keep you and Your Tigger in my thoughts. I hope things work out.
    I love pets and I love Silky!

I'm sorry to hear about your girl Saav, I'd be very concerned too especially at her age. Hoping that the results are good and she recovers, sending warm and healing thoughts your way...hugs.

hoping for the best outcome for your tiggy. I had a tiggy also many years ago, Lost him when he was 18, it was after I lost him that I got my first bengal.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Get Well Soon Tiggy

Hope everything turns out OK!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

I think we have a miracle here. Tiggy's tests all came out fine but she does have some kind of issue like IBS so we are changing her diet.

She came home today. Her diet is to be the smooshed up chicken and broth and rice thing I did for Isis (our diabetic cat who passed) and they pulled some teeth that were bad, so we have her on that stuff along with the baby food meats and special soft treats from the vet.

Tiggy came home and still wants to be under the bed, but she ate up a storm, used the box, and has been much more active.

Her gums probably hurt and she's on pain meds, she got several shots, so she's going to be a bit blah for a bit. The vet says give her a few days, wait for the gums to heal and all that, and the pain meds make her a bit sleepy so that's why she's retreating under the bed.

She also had issues with her teeth that caused her not to want to eat and she had toothaches which are miserable.

But she's doing so much better, and we are so grateful.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry I was a drama queen for nothing, but I really did worry and think the worst.

I should have thought to check her mouth when she stopped eating. I learned a lesson from this, because the vet said she had rotted back teeth and abscesses, so we have her on the antibiotics as well for that for 10 days.

Thank you all for everything, I apologize this was a false alarm. But when they said they were concerned about her kidneys, I was prepared for the worst. They weren't done with her yet.

Thank you all so much!

Hugs
    Saav
    http://www.petforums.com/showthread....of-Stony-River

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

False alarm is better than an actual crisis. I'm glad she is going to be ok. No matter how long we have them its never long enough. Good thoughts for you and tigger
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Glad she is OK!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Thanks for the update Saav, so happy she's doing better, hugs for both of you.

Oh good! I'm so glad she's getting better!
    I love pets and I love Silky!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.