Bad News :- (

Bad News :- (

I received notice today that I am being evicted. It is not phrased that way, but the intention is clear and that is the effect. In order to keep my rent low, I have lived in the local economic equivalent of a trailer park for the past four years. And where there is a trailer park, there will be lots of trailer trash. Some small minded, small hearted neighbors decided to gang up on me and complain to the housing authority. I have done nothing wrong and they know it. They just don't like me, because I am from abroad and think and live differently from them. And they can't stand that I love and take good care of my dogs, walking them morning and evening. In a hierarchical society, dogs are considered one of the lowest rungs. They see me as a freak and an easy scapegoat on whom to let out their own personal problems. Such is the danger of living with trailer trash.

I have three months to find a new place that I can afford and that will allow me to move in with five dogs. It is likely to be very difficult to find such a new place.

Very bummed, and will probably wake up in shock and dread for several days. But I've been through even worse in the past. It is a big danger with a swift three month deadline.

In dog, all things are possible.

What was the reason given for your "eviction" DF, was it the amount of dogs? That's really a terrible thing to happen to you, you seem like a tenant that landlords would love to have, keep everything clean and live in a responsible way. Sorry you're having to deal with this now, are there any other areas nearby where you might have friends and a chance of some affordable possibilities? Thinking of you and hoping you get a break soon.

The stated reason is that the landlord is going to remodel the house so their daughter can move here, but it is abundantly clear from a bunch of circumstances that that is just a trumped up, convenient and legal way to push me out. There are no leash laws here, and several times people have let their fierce dogs attack my dogs as we were out on our regular walk, not bothering anyone. On these occasions I have briefly yelled at the owners when they do nothing to halt the attack or prevent it from happening again the next time. With some people, yelling is the only thing they will respond to. Trying to reason with them rationally about their unleashed dog attacking mine is only met with derision, and since there are no leash laws, there is no legal recourse. This very occasional brief yelling- I can count only three times in four years here- did not gain me any friends, of course. But I won't stand by quietly doing nothing like them when their unleashed dogs are attacking mine. Unfortunately any disturbance of silent sullenness that pervades this community is met with ire, and this notice is right on the heels of the most recent of those very occasional verbal confrontations, after someone called the police.

Thank you for your kind words, Alpha. It will take all my imagination and resourcefulness to find a place for me and the five dogs to move to.

I'm sorry about this bad news DF. Hope something works out and you can stay, or get a good home.

I'll be thinking of you,

Hugs

If aggressive dogs were running over to mine when he's on the leash and attacking him, I'd be very upset and furious for sure, so I don't blame you for saying something to the owners. I'm not hard set on people leashing their dog if its friendly, we've been rushed by friendly dogs in the past that just want to say hello, then go back to their houses. Even then, if the owner is present, there will be apologies for their dog's actions.

It must be stressful for you living in an area surrounded with such a hostile vibe. I have no idea how it is where you are, but I hope you can find a place that's welcoming to you and your dogs, good luck.

Can't believe it! Good luck though!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

What happens if your time is up and you haven't found a new place? I know here if someone gets an eviction notice it could take up to a year to get them out. It would have to go to court then the judge would give you a get out date, if you are still there after that time a sheriff would force you out. Maybe you could fine a place like rent to own, then you wouldn't have to worry about eviction.

By the way for the time you have left there I'd be doing my best to make everyone as miserable as you are.

Things have a way or usually working out, hang in there something will turn up
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thank you Yetidog, FB&DB, and Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    What happens if your time is up and you haven't found a new place?
    Unfortunately considerable lawlessness and pragmatism kick in here. In the apartment where I lived with Boise and Benny four years ago before moving to this town, tenants that did not pay their rent reliably were surprised by a loud "that's it" 2AM visit from the landlord, her son, and some friends, who removed all their belongings on the spot to outside the building, locked the door with a new padlock, and told them to get lost. Something similar would play out here, dogs or no dogs. I will need to be gone by the deadline.

By the way for the time you have left there I'd be doing my best to make everyone as miserable as you are.
    :- D

Things have a way or usually working out, hang in there something will turn up
    Thank you. You're right.

Ohhh nooo. I am praying for you, Dog Force One. I am so sorry.

Hugs
    Saav

Maybe speak to your vet? He/she may be able to help. I'm so sorry, and praying for you.

Hugs Saav

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.