Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am so upset and devastated

thanks Alpha, she was one of the truly good people. I hope the shelter gets a lot of donations in her name, that would have pleased her very much. And the 3k that Connie is giving them will be a big boots for the animals
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I"m not going to the wake, I don't want to see her in a casket but I will go to the funeral, not looking forward to that
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Sometimes good people are able to keep doing good even after they seem to have left. Rest in peace, Ms. Riley.

Even though she'll never know it, he wished are being fulfilled and a lot of animals will benefit from her generosity. My daughter is now trying to get the cat's medical records transferred to our vet. But there could be a problem where Connie is not the registered owner, but if there is a problem maybe out vet could get them,
    Last edited by linda2147; 08-06-2018 at 03:22 PM.

I"m having a very hard time tonight, I can't stop crying. To know I'll never see her smiling face or hear her voice on the phone is just tearing me up. I'm already a basket case, I don't know how I'm going to get through the funeral. I keep thinking when we couldn't get her all day Saturday maybe if we has sent someone over then or gone over ourselves she might have still been alive and we could have got help for her.

I am so sorry, my friend. I will be praying for you and her family.

Hugs (major hugs)
    Saav

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I"m having a very hard time tonight, I can't stop crying. To know I'll never see her smiling face or hear her voice on the phone is just tearing me up. I'm already a basket case, I don't know how I'm going to get through the funeral. I keep thinking when we couldn't get her all day Saturday maybe if we has sent someone over then or gone over ourselves she might have still been alive and we could have got help for her.
    I'm sorry Linda, I know how you must be feeling after such a great loss...hugs. Please try not to make it any harder on yourself by thinking what might have happened that day, you were a good friend to her, please take comfort in that.

I'm so sorry....I'll be praying for you.

the autopsy said she died of respirory failure and chronic asthma and c o p d

The funeral is over, the service was held in at the funeral home, from there went to the cemetery. But the casket was open at the funeral home. She did not look like herself, there was so much make up on her she didn't look like the person I knew. When the funeral cars with the hearse went by where she worked all the trucks were on both sides of the road and all the booms were up and touching so part of that road was like an archway for the cars to pass. Really nice touch.

I think she knew she was going to die, she had all her paperwork in order, folders with all the cats records from the time she got them at the shelter, every vet visit, every grooming visit, even the microchip paperwork for Connie to put everything in her name.

From there there was a small get together at an Italian restaurant, it was her brother, his wife, a cousin of the stepmother, the stepmother came from Florida, myself, Connie and Barbara. Others went to the grave site but left right after.

So its done, nothing more to be done or said, we just have to go on without her.

What a wonderful salute with the trucks. I've never heard of that. Kudos to the people at her workplace.

Oh Linda, I am so sorry.

Nice of the trucks there, but I know that touched you so deeply.

God bless you, I am continuing in prayers for all of you, my friend.

BIG hugs
    Saav

It does sound like she knew she was very sickly and might pass on soon, and it's obvious that she was a good person and loved by many. She's resting peacefully now, knowing she had wonderful friends like you Linda...hugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.