cats and insecticide

cats and insecticide

In recent months, the landlords have had incompetent 'pest control professionals' spraying our apartments.

We eventually learned the product is Zenprox, with main ingredient Etofenprox.
    They sprayed a neighbor's place a couple of times before mine; his cat developed odd symptoms, became seriously ill, and didn't pull through.
    Neighbor's other cat and now my cat have been lethargic, his vomits, mine gags like she needs to vomit but doesn't.
    I've been to Drs twice due to lesions all over me. I figure if it's this harmful to a healthy human, it's much worse to healthy small cats.
    The first doctor said the spray could be causing the cats' illnesses; all the cats were previously healthy, fine during their most recent vet. checkups.

If anyone here is familiar with this product or ingredient, I'd appreciate your input.
    Dr. said it cannot be detected in bloodwork, so I'm not sure how to help my cat or advice for neighbor.

Oh how horrible. I'm sorry, I don't know what to do.

Welcome to the forum. Do you have just one cat?

This is awful. Is it possible to complain to the company that spreyed your apartment complex in writing?
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

It seems like time for someone to sue someone. Huge hassle though it is, I would try to move. That poison is in your apartment and will probably stay there for a long time, doing god knows what else in the long term. The more time you and your cat spend in there, the more you are exposed to it. I would be very motivated to get out of there asap.

No doubt about that. I would request letters from each cat's vet with copies of recent medical records enclosed to prove the insecticide made them sick. If that is not enough, my next step would be hiring a lawyer.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.