Recently, Walter, my 20 yo cat, passed. He supported our family while I was hospitali

Recently, Walter, my 20 yo cat, passed. He supported our family while I was hospitali

Recently, Walter, my 20 yo cat, passed away. He supported our family while I was hospitalized being treated with leukemia. I had two bone marrow transplants, 100+ blood/platelet transfusions, and spent six months in the hospital. Walter was my wife's support - she leaned on him and taking care of him gave her purpose when everything was going on. He also was my support as I worked hard so I could come home again and be with him and my other cat, Dorothy.

Luckily, I made it out of the hospital and was able to spend over a year with him, before he passed away. In some respects, his passing is even more difficult because we did go through my illness and its really hit us hard. To help us, we put together this little video celebrating his journey. I hope you watch it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Wonderful story about your Walter, beautiful cat, may he rest peacefully. Your video was very nicely made and touching to watch, he was (and is) well loved. Welcome, I hope your health problems have gotten better.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you lost Walter. RIP
    I love pets and I love Silky!

Welcome to the forum. We here all know the pain of losing a pet, its never easy. I have bengal cats and when I lost my first one to cancer when he was 12 I was devastated. That year for mother's day my oldest daughter bought me a bengal kitten, he wasn't born yet but she put a deposit on him and I got pick of the litter. He is now 4 years old, then this past Christmas she bought me a snow leopard female bengal kitten. I also have a siames mix rescue. But the little girl bengal rules the house. The other two just let her do or have whatever she wants. Thinks she is the queen of the house and I guess she is. I also have a german shepherd that loves the cats.

Hope you are feeling better and enjoy your cats for many years to come. They are certainly great companions.

You can post pictures of your Walter and Dorothy in the album section of this forum, there you can see our pets also
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

RIP Walter.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Thank you for your kind notes of support. It means a lot that others are willing to give up a few minutes to view this video and offer encouragement. Difficult loss at any age, but after losing months of time with him in the hospital and even when I came home, its even harder. Thanks so much.

I can imagine just being away from our pets due to a hospital stay must be bad enough, without losing them when you come home.

Yeah, very difficult. For months all I could do was watch them on a webcam. And even when I got home, I couldn't hold them - risk of toxoplasmosis is very high in transplant patients (like 95% fatality).

I am so very sorry. I wish you all the best.

Hugs
    Saav
    http://www.petforums.com/showthread....of-Stony-River

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

Thank you so much, Saav. I appreciate the kind words.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.