Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the joys of winter, what we have to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    I am the oddball here. It seems nobody else understands Florida is no hotter than Ohio, which can have 100-degree humidity. There are just more insect species who want to eat me.
    Florida is where Canadians go to escape the winter

I belong to a health and fitness center that has two indoor pools and a hot tub.

Sounds good to me! But I would use it ONLY in the winter.....if all.
    I love pets and I love Silky!

Quote Originally Posted by mechi2 View Post
    Florida is where Canadians go to escape the winter
    I am in no way Canadian and happy about that.
    Keep your cats inside and safe.

I am in no way Canadian and happy about that.
    Hush.

pa.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I hate summer, the heat, the humidity, the bugs. Give me cool weather and snow anytime!
    I'm with you Linda, I really don't like the summer heat. We've had mostly 80s and 90s, some days over 100 degrees F and that's too hot for me. I've had my share of mosquito bites too, arms so itchy it's driving me crazy. Will be headed to the mountains next week for a camping trip, so it should be much cooler and cold at night.....looking forward to it and so are my furbabies. Autumn is probably my favorite season, will welcome it with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by mechi2 View Post
    I like shoveling snow, I must be a real oddball
    I love the first snowfalls, and also like shoveling snow, especially early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I love the first snowfalls, and also like shoveling snow, especially early in the season.
    The problem is 24 vhours later that once-pretty snowfull becomes ugly with ice, slush, footprints, and shovel mounds. So I only like it on mouotain tops where nobody can disrupt the beauty.

Not that bad CatMom, just part of the season. I couldn't see myself living in a hot place like Florida, Arizona, Texas, etc. By the way, been to Canada a couple of times in warmer seasons, beautiful country and chock full of majestic wildlife. I could live in Canada easily if I had to, but I prefer the USA.

I'd be happy living at the North Pole, If I never saw another hot day it would be to soon for me. According to the weatherman this has been the hottest summer on record. So I think we will get hammered when winter comes. Usually a hot summer means a brutal winter. I can live with that
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I live in western NC, up in the mountains. I love winter. I drive a Subaru Forester AWD and just put new tires on her. I call them "new shoes."

Her name is Silver Girl and she is my sweetie, I take care of her and she takes care of me. Last winter, through all the snow and ice, we got through. And the year before, and on and on.

I absolutely adore winter. I welcome the bad weather. There is nothing like the silence during a snowfall .... I love to just stand outside and let the snow fall on me. Woooo!

Sometimes, at night, snuggled in our bed, I love hearing the wind sigh and moan under the eaves, and the freezing rain and sleet pelting the windows. Also, it is nice, on the couch in the livingroom and reading a book, I cuddle up with a couple cats under a nice blanket and let the weather blast away!

And on the way to work, it's kind of fun to see people in cool sports cars like Corvettes, Camaros, and Challengers fighting to maintain a grip on the roads.

Silver Girl and I just keep rolling on, slow and steady.

Winter ... bring it on!

Hugs
    Saav
    http://www.petforums.com/showthread....of-Stony-River

They can't read or write, but they sure can multiply. Please spay or neuter your pet.

I'm with you Saav, I love winter also. A couple of years ago we had so much snow that when I took Phoenix for her run in the woods she'd jump in the snowbanks and all I'd see were ears.

My son drives a Suburu, Impressa, also all wheel drive, I have a kia, front wheel drive, not bad in the snow but like I keep telling my son, anything will slide on ice so don't get to over confident. One daughter has a toytoa 4 runner and my youngest daughter has a Jeep. So we are all set for the snow. I don't drive in the snow, not because I'm afraid of it but with the problem with my eyes if I can't see the lines in the road I don't know where I am so I stay home and let someone else drive me.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Not that bad CatMom, just part of the season. I couldn't see myself living in a hot place like Florida, Arizona, Texas, etc. By the way, been to Canada a couple of times in warmer seasons, beautiful country and chock full of majestic wildlife. I could live in Canada easily if I had to, but I prefer the USA.
    Um, yes it is that bad. I lived in central Ohio (mostly at the same address) for almost 35 years. It is impossible to disprove what I saw and felt every year for over three decades.

I have nothing against Canada. Emily just happened to pass away on July 1, the most important day on the Canadian calendar - like our July 4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.