2 Kittens or Mother and Kitten?

Question 2 Kittens or Mother and Kitten?

I took in a stray cat a 7 weeks ago after she gave birth outside my home. I am having trouble deciding on whether I should keep 2 kittens(brother and sister) or the mom and 1 kitten. The mom is less than 2 years old but I am leaning towards keeping 2 kittens because the mom has no interest in playing with her kittens. I want the kitten I keep to have someone to play with, but I'd also really miss the mother cat. She's been really sweet. I want to do what is best for the kitten. Is it better to keep 2 kittens or 1 kitten and her mom or does it not matter? Am I overthinking this? I've never had a cat so I'm new to all of this.

keep them all, mom and kittens. I have three cats, two is no more work than three
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

If this were a year from now I'd probably keep all 3, but I'm really looking to only keep 2 right now. I am a little tight on space as it is.

If you keep the kittens make sure you have them spayed and neutered by five months old. A male will spray if not neutered before he become sexually active, the female will come into heat every two weeks until she's bred and she could come into heat earlier than five months because she lives with a male. I had an apt to have my female bengal spayed at five months, she came into heat the week before her apt. My male bengal is neutered but she didn't know that, just living with a male, neutered or not they still come into heat earlier. My siamese also lived with my neitered bengal she she came into heat at only 4 months old. I don't deal with cats in heat and I don't do kittens, I called my vet and she was spayed the next day.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.