if you are thinking of declawing watch this video

if you are thinking of declawing watch this video

https://www.facebook.com/ScienceChan...2730476408958/
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I have seen a declawing video years ago andc still remember watching 1/3 of each toe being clipped off like it was a badly done pedicure.

Something I would like to seei s the laser method used to declaw Wilbur. His foter mom's vet used a laser to cut doiwn to the third knuckle after saying that procedure is less bloody and painful than a tradiional onychectomy. Each toe is shorter at the end, hiowever, so the advantages are only short term.
    Beware of people who don't like cats.

I have seen declawing videos before and to be honest, I already decided not to declaw before I even got my kitties. I will trim nails but that's about it, they need their claws, in my humble opinion. Because of how their claws grow, it could be like cutting off a person's fingers so their nails don't grow back, or getting rid of the nail beds. We have nails for a reason and to keep them functional, we can trim them so we can trim a cats nails too.
    Last edited by mango&yogurt; 10-31-2018 at 06:12 AM. Reason: additional forgotten information

I will NEVER declaw!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Just like Furballs, I will never declaw my cats! What's the point? Yes, i know it is so cats can't scratch. But I don't like it!
    HELP SAVE GREYHOUNDS! GREYHOUNDS ARE IN NEED OF HOMES!

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    Just like Furballs, I will never declaw my cats! What's the point? Yes, i know it is so cats can't scratch. But I don't like it!
    I absolutely agree! I'd rather train them not to scratch me, my shoes, my books and my furniture and give them plenty of things they can scratch rather than cause them possible suffering or needless future complications.

Quote Originally Posted by mango&yogurt View Post
    I have seen declawing videos before and to be honest, I already decided not to declaw before I even got my kitties. I will trim nails but that's about it, they need their claws, in my humble opinion. Because of how their claws grow, it could be like cutting off a person's fingers so their nails don't grow back, or getting rid of the nail beds. We have nails for a reason and to keep them functional, we can trim them so we can trim a cats nails too.
    Exactly, there's so many negatives to declawing a cat that is it's just plain abusive in so many ways. Would never do it, I trim the tips when needed and when he was a kitten I bought some Sticky Paws tape for the stereo speakers and drape bottoms.....but it was never needed, so I removed it in a short while. Correcting him in a positive way seemed to be all that was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by mango&yogurt View Post
    I absolutely agree with you too! Very good post!

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    It is not just to protect furniture and fabrics. Not saying I agree with lazy people who get their cats declawed, but without trying to, Daisy scratches my chest and legs. They don't hleed immediatley, but in less than an hour I see blood. I can understand if people are worried about their cats unintentionally drawing blood when they scratch.

I decided not to get Daisy declawed because she used her claws to pick up toys and climb up on my bed. It was the first time I realized indoor cats do need front claws.
    Beware of people who don't like cats.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.