Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

emergency situation

Zeus is gone. Yesterday he was doing so much better, when I talked to her last night and this morning she said he was doing good, they were going up to see him this afternoon and hopefully he'd be home one day this week. That wasn't to be, when they got there they were giving him more blood, his blood pressure was down to 20, and all his organs were failing, vet said he wouldn't last another 24 hours so my brother in law told them to let him go. My sister is beside herself as expected. She called me from the car, they are on their way home. They tried, they did everything they could to save him. But he was beyond saving.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Very sorry that Zeus left.

Strange how sometimes they do much better right before they pass. My condolences to you, your sister and her husband, may Zeus rest peacefully now.

I remember a tiny ten week old puppy they brought home a couple of weeks before Christmas 7 years ago, he was so cute running around doing puppy things. My nephew asked me to take a picture of him holding him, he was so tiny, my nephew said he couldn't wait to see him grow up and I told him to enjoy his puppyhood it wouldn't last long. He grew all right, biggest rotti I"ve ever seen. The day they brought him to the vet he weighed 171 pounds, big gentle giant with the people he knew. Many many times I took care of him when they were gone out, he loved my chicken treats, when my car would drive in he'd be looking out the window wimpering then he'd hit the door waiting for me to open it, then he'd sit on my foot waiting for a treat. He had all kinds of professional training but when he saw me he'd get instant amnesia, he was so focused on me and the treats in my pocket he'd ignore everyone else. I'm going to miss him!
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

That photo is bittersweet now for your nephew, so sad when we lose our babies.

So sorry. Thinking of you and your sister.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

So sorry that happened.

I can't see the picture.
    ​Chicken lover!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.