Swollen lymph nodes?

Unhappy Swollen lymph nodes?

My dog is overall a very healthy dog. Aside from every blue moon having diarrhea or vomiting. The other day I noticed his lymph nodes by his neck were a little swollen. I didn't think much of it since I know humans lymph nodes swell all the time and usually just go away. I was out of town for a few days and he was with me mom, and had no issues or tummy troubles. I just got home last night and he has had watery poop everywhere. His lymph nodes are still swollen and I am starting to get worried. I'm not sure if this is something that will pass and he just needs to be drinking extra fluids or if this is more urgent that I think it is. Please let me know!

- A worried dog mom.

I don't want to worry you, but if it were my dog I'd get him to the vet as soon as possible. Years back I felt swollen nodes on my dog, by neck and underside and got her into the vet right away, it turned out to be cancer which quickly spread.

Welcome to the forum, and please let us know how he's getting along and what you found out. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response! I want to get him into the vet ASAP but I've heard that in older dogs a biopsy of the lymph nodes can result in respiratory failure from anesthesia, which is a big concern as he is hitting 7. When you brought your dog to the vet what tests/procedures did they run?

Thank you so much for your response! I want to get him into the vet ASAP but I've heard that in older dogs a biopsy of the lymph nodes can result in respiratory failure from anesthesia, which is a big concern as he is hitting 7. When you brought your dog to the vet what tests/procedures did they run?

They did blood tests and a biopsy of the node, she went downhill after that. They found that it was cancerous and had already spread throughout her system. They didn't advise chemo and radiation treatments because it would only my her several months and she'd have to go through a lot of pain and poor quality of life. They gave me medicines for her, she was 7 yrs old too.

I took one of my shepherd's to the vet just for a routine checkup and rabies shot, her lymph nodes were swollen under belly towards the tail. They did a biopsy and started her on an anti biotic in case it was just an infection, but it wasn't, it was lymphome. Five weeks later she was gone. Don't wait, take your dog to a vet asap and have it checked out
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Here's an older thread where the results for the dog were favorable, so stay positive! http://www.petforums.com/showthread....=Lymphosarcoma

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.