Christmas at the shelter

Christmas at the shelter

Every year my daughters and I make a gift box for the local shelter. I get a delivery every six weeks from chewy,.com and I always order something extra before my order ships. This time I bought 4 cat toys and a case of cat food. One month I buy something for the cats and the next something for the dogs. I have quite a few things in a box already and the boxes will be delivered after Thanksgiving. In addition to the cat food, toys and dog food, collars, leashes and toys I will pick up a couple hundred pounds of litter. When my daughters bring all their boxes and we make one trip we need a pickup truck to deliver it all. Especially for the kitty litter that takes up a lot of room. This year I'm also getting a bale of hay for the small animals. The little animals are kind of passed over so I think they will enjoy the hay

One daughter bought some dog and cat beds, another is bringing blankets and pads and blankets for the crates, another is bringing food and toys and one is bringing bowls, towels, blankets and food. And we each get a bag of medicated food for the sick or older animals Also buy different sizes of heartworm preventatives and frontline for fleas and ticks. I think that about covers it.

So if you animal lovers think this is a good idea you might consider doing something similar for your local shelter
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Very nice thing your doing! So glad your helping out the shelters!

Do they ask people to do that or do you just do it to help? Also, do you call ahead or just go drop it off?

Thanks, and thanks for helping the shelter...thats a LOT of stuff! Wow!
    ​Chicken lover!

they don't ask but there is a wish list on the website so that's what we go by, we just drop the stuff off, no appointment or anything
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

All the animals as well as the shelter staff are sure to appreciate that.

That is great linda!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

its something we do every year. The shelter is a sad enough place with all the forgotten animals, least we can do is give them a little something.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    The shelter is a sad enough place with all the forgotten animals.
    Wow, that makes me think of the Island of Misfits.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    they don't ask but there is a wish list on the website so that's what we go by, we just drop the stuff off, no appointment or anything
    GREAT idea Linda! Thanks!
    ​Chicken lover!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.