Stocking

Lightbulb Stocking

Ok so here is the deal I have a little 1.25-gallon tank that I turned on its side and taped it's lid on to make a swinging door, and then scaped. I was wondering if there were any insects or even better tiny reptiles(Though I doubt there are haha) I could keep in there or if it would be best to keep it as just a planted tank. If needed I can also change the top pane of glass to screen or drill small holes on the door (Would probably be easier)

fec6e800-f96c-45ef-912b-c8506151a90f.jpg

Hi Kate, welcome!

That looks like a nice place for a bug of reptile. I'm not sure what you should put in there. What would you like? Do you have enough money to by something or are just going to find it around your house? If you don't have enough money and you can't find any kind of bug than you could just keep it as a plant tank. And if you do get something then make sure there is no toxic stuff inside the the tank. Also, what did you used to keep in it? If you want you could clean it out and put fish inside. I have two Betta fish named Rainbow and swimmer. But it could of taken you a long time to put all that stuff in so you might not want to take it back out.

What do you think?

I do have the money to buy something and I made sure nothing is toxic (I took the plants out of another one of my vivariums). I was looking for a non-aquatic pet to keep in there as I did originally have a betta but he passed on Monday and the tank just seems way to small to put another one in there plus I still have 3 others bettas and a lot of bigger fish tanks. And with it being cold out at the moment there is nothing really out and about around my house besides mice.

Ok, how much money do you have to spend? If you tell me that I might know of something you can buy. Also, sorry you lost your betta fish. If you really miss it you can post a thread in the "over the rainbow bridge" section to remember it.

You can find pictures of my betta fish in my album "My pet fish and more". You could make an album if you like!?!

No experience with insects or reptiles, sorry, but I have had a couple of terrariums over the years. I think it looks very nice to keep as a planted tank if you don't decide to put something living in it. Welcome!

Yetidog
    The price doesn't matter too much to me (but if it is pricey I would also like a longer living critter) if I don't have the money ATM I could always just save up for it and buy it later.

Alpha
    Yea Terrariums are cool but love having some little critter crawling around and giving more life to them.

Ok, I'll think.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.