Create Your Own Photo Album

Cool Create Your Own Photo Album

You can create your own photo album(s), and share the pictures you have of your special family members with others on the board. You can do this by going into your User Control Panel, by clicking on "My Profile" at the top of the forum page.

On your Profile Page, you'll see the section named "Albums", then click on "Add Album". Once you've named the album and added a description (optional), you can "Save" it and begin to upload pictures from your computer, by clicking "Upload Pictures". To start uploading, click on "Add Files", then click "Browse", locate the photo you want on your computer, then click "Open", after that click "Upload Files". You'll see when the photo is uploaded, as it will show in the strip at the bottom of the window.

Once they're uploaded, click "Done" and you can add a caption to each photo by highlighting the image number and replacing it with a name or description of the photo. You can also choose which of the photos you've added to use as your album cover. When finished, click "Save Changes".

All recently added or updated photo albums can be seen by clicking on the "Community (albums)", "Albums" or "What's New" links at the top of the forum home page.

Albums can also be seen in our member's User Profiles. To see a user's profile page, click on their user name and choose 'view profile'. You'll see their first 4 albums, if they have others, you can click on 'more' to see them.

Albums and pictures can be edited at any time, just click to view your album, then choose either "Edit Album", or "Edit Pictures". You can add pictures to your existing album also, by clicking on "Upload Photos".

How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.
    Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

• Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)

How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
    You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

Thanks for sharing this! I didnt even know this existed

I just added a few tips to my post above, to make adding your photo album even easier.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.