Hunting+deer=gone? (I thought)

Hunting+deer=gone? (I thought)

Hi,

Why when hunting season comes, I see a lot of deer?! I thought they move farther into the woods when hunting season comes. I just saw a female deer yesterday and she looked at me until i went to close. Then she jumped up REALLY high and it took 3 jumps to get to the woods. I hope she does not get hunted, she was cute.

Do you know why this is?

Thanks

I think if they hear a lot of shooting they may go deeper into the woods, but other than that, they likely don't really know that it's hunting season.

Once during hunting season my driver taking me and other people home from work stopped for a doe in the road. What was she doing there, right where any vechicle could hit her?
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

I just saw another deer last night! She was in a field near my house. As I was watching her she plopped down and went to sleep. It was about 9:30 PM.

Animals were living on the land first, then humans came in and started to pave roads and highways and build many buildings. The animals had to adjust to our invading their natural environment and many times it's risky for them.

I see dead deer, coyotes, foxes, geese, raccoons and other animals on the roads all the time. They put up Deer Crossing signs, but even if you're aware of them in the area and slow down, there's no guarantee that they won't run into your vehicle, they're fast. I've had to stop for deer and flashed my emergency flashers and flick my high beams to warn oncoming cars that there was an animal in the road, it was dark at the time. They're animals, they are confused by how we've built up and populated their homes, they're fearful of headlights at night and they don't know traffic or pedestrian safety rules like we do.

Thanks for the info!

In Ohio it is common to stop for Canada geese crossing the road. My mom had to.do it fpr a gaggle that included an injured goslilng. In fact the species is considered a nuisance up there and local governments attempt to control Canada goose populations. So sad - they are innocent and beautiful birds.
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.