I'm beginning to love fish, so....

I'm beginning to love fish, so....

So my heart is going out to the little minnows that are used for bait when fishing. Don't you think it's sad? I don't like to see anything die..not even a little fish. Sense I have experience with fish (Rainbow and Swimmer) I kept two minnows from a fishing trip we recently went on. I know it won't do anything just to keep two, but....well I guess I just like them! I even gave them a name. Lightning and thunder...thunder and lightning.

What do you think about this?

Thank you!

DSCN5593.jpg
    Thunder and lightning in the bucket.

Wow! Very surprising! I did not expect Thunder and Lightning to live so long! They are still alive.

Nobody has answered my question so I guess no one has anything to say?
    My chickens are outside...for good!

I personally think using fish for bait is cruel, especially for "sport fishing".

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    So my heart is going out to the little minnows that are used for bait when fishing.
    But your heart doesn't go out to the big beautiful fish that eats the minnow and gets hooked and killed???

I guess you mean you're beginning to love *eating* fish, because big fish ain't feelin' any love.
    Last edited by Dog Force One; 02-12-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Force One View Post
    But your heart doesn't go out to the big beautiful fish that eats the minnow and gets hooked and killed???
    I guess you mean you're beginning to love *eating* fish, because big fish ain't feelin' any love.
    IMO everybody's gotta eat but nobody except weirdos like to see unnecessary suffering of bait fish.

I don't like the big fish, they just eat the little fish. I know they need to eat but why not go eat each other? Ohhh, they think it's to hard don't they?? Wimps!! Wimps! They like the easy meal!!

See what I mean? Besides, people should not just go to river and get big nets of minnows, that's mean...that's what I call mean and unfair! Don't just go fishing for fun! If you catch a fish, you eat it! Don't just kill a minnow to pull in a little fish and have your picture taken! Then let the big fish go. If I could I would buy dozens of minnows and let them all go at a lake. You might think: "That won't do a thing! Big fish will still eat them." Well, that's not true. Not all minnows are eaten by other fish.

I could go on a lot more but I guess that's all for now.

BYW, I don't like fishing with live "bait" at all! It's mean, just go use the plastic crankbaits!

I don't like the big fish, they just eat the little fish. I know they need to eat but why not go eat each other? Ohhh, they think it's to hard don't they?? Wimps!! Wimps! They like the easy meal!!

See what I mean? Besides, people should not just go to river and get big nets of minnows, that's mean...that's what I call mean and unfair! Don't just go fishing for fun! If you catch a fish, you eat it! Don't just kill a minnow to pull in a little fish and have your picture taken! Then let the big fish go. If I could I would buy dozens of minnows and let them all go at a lake. You might think: "That won't do a thing! Big fish will still eat them." Well, that's not true. Not all minnows are eaten by other fish.

I could go on a lot more but I guess that's all for now.

BYW, I don't like fishing with live "bait" at all! It's mean, just go use the plastic crankbaits!
    Buying minnows from a bait store to release them into the wild will just increase the rate at which they are harvested, due to the demand.

Don't dislike fish they're doing what comes naturally for them. The larger ones often eat the smaller fish, it's the way of nature and they shouldn't be called wimps....very natural occurrence in the oceans Yeti.

I know, it's just so...........................and , at least to me...

LOL
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Not lol.

I just got a 55 gallon tank about 2 weeks ago. I have a black Moore and a fancy goldfish along with 2 plecos, they are all small so far. Today I watch one of my places go what looked to be a seizure the sink to the bottom dead. What could have caused this?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.