now I"m ready for Christmas

now I"m ready for Christmas

I'm home today, at least for now. Took Phoenix out, went to the store, started a load of laundry and finally finished wrapping gifts. Hard to get any wrapping done with the cats but I managed to sneak away from them for a while. Everything is in boxes with names on the boxes and ready to go where they need to go. Course they had to help me separate the gifts and boxes, which they had to get in the box to check it out before I could use them. But now everything is done, all packed and ready to go. Penny has to work Christmas day but she called and asked if we could do out Christmas with her after Christmas, which is fine. My sisters and brother are all meeting Christmas Eve day at a steak house, have a nice lunch and do our gift exchanges then. The family is to big to get everything done at once so we do one Christmas Eve Day and the other actually Christmas day. A friend is picking me up later and we are going out to dinner. Today is pretty much the only day I"m going to be home so got a lot to do.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday and looking forward to a great new year.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Boy Linda, looks like you've been busy, busy, busy! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family and have a very Merry Christmas and happy and healthy year ahead!

Merry Christmas Linda and Alpha! You really have been busy! Hope you and the pets have a very Merry Christmas!

Why does Penny have to work on Christmas Day?

It is actually nice to spend three days celebrating Christmas.

I always shut the door to keep cats out while wrapping gifts. Daisy will hate that, of course.

Penny is a nurse and she is scheduled to work. So we are doing our Christmas with her after Christmas.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I finally have just two more ornaments to put on the tree after the first attempt was a failure (three glass balls broke) and Mom had to buy "shatterproof" replacements at Walmart. We definitely will have a different tree next year with a cat who can get into one.

It looks like all I can give her is a gift card. She is so hard to buy for despite being the only human who lives with me. It seems wrong to not give her an object though.

Maybe you are ready for Christmas, but what about your pets?

Every day is Christmas for them, my animals want for nothing,

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.