Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can't send Google a Gmail

Angry I can't send Google a Gmail

Can someone explain this one? Google is the creator of an email client, but there is no link anywhere on their website to a Gmail address. The Contact Us link is just for Google's Help Center, where you can ask a question to thecommunity. I am dead serious - the only way to contact the people in Mountain View, CA is write postal mail to that address. Go figure. OK, so they also have a landline phone number, but Mom would notice there's an unfamiliar area code on her phone bill so I have to go the email route.

The problem i9s I am required to enter a mobile phone number to get a code in a text message. If I liked using mobile phones, I would not want to create a Gmail account.
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

I don't know CatMom. I am not a email expert. Sorry, hope you can figure this out.

Just ask your question in the Contact Us link, I'm sure if it warrants an answer they'll be happy to oblige. Why would your mother object to a phone call to California, not that far from Florida....would she object to the cost of the call?

when you create a google account you should automatically be able to set up a gmail account
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Just ask your question in the Contact Us link, I'm sure if it warrants an answer they'll be happy to oblige. Why would your mother object to a phone call to California, not that far from Florida....would she object to the cost of the call?
    That is my whole point - Contact Us is not contacing them, just asking a question in the help center. When I do that, a list of previously asked and answered questions that match keywords appears, not a way to contoact a human being.

Everything I do that Mom dislikes, she starts an argument about it. She judges and criticizes me for anythiing that looks weird to her.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    When you create a Google account you should automatically be able to set up a gmail account
    What is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    That is my whole point - Contact Us is not contacing them, just asking a question in the help center. When I do that, a list of previously asked and answered questions that match keywords appears, not a way to contoact a human being.

Everything I do that Mom dislikes, she starts an argument about it. She judges and criticizes me for anythiing that looks weird to her.
    Sorry to hear that your question to them isn't included in the help center Q&As. I never personally had any kind of account with Google, although I use it often as a search engine.

Maybe you and your mom can sit down and have a 'heart to heart' about how judgemental she is with you and how it's affecting you, perhaps you two can reach an agreement and the mood will lighten up in your home. After all, you're both adults, and if you have to share your living space, it would be nice if you were more like friends. Is that possible? A phone call should not be an issue at all unless it was out of the country and very expensive, in my opinion.

Is it a gsuite account (name@companyname.com) or is it an @gmail account. In my experience it is extremely difficult to get a hold of Gmail (free) but if you have a gsuite account you get a pin number and a private phone number that you can call in for support. And that support is terrible too. What are you trying to do exactly? you may be better off creating a new email account.

Hope that helps!

Just a Gmail account. Gsuite is for businesses.

How To Setup a First Time GMail Account With Google Online

If you’re a newcomer to the internet chances are you haven’t created an email account yet and you’re considering a GMail account, which by the way is an excellent choice! This step-by-step guide can help you build a complimentary email account using Google’s Gmail service. Because Gmail is web-based, you can hop on from any computer containing a web connection.

The first thing you want to do is to go to the website at http://www.gmail.com, at the top you will see a “Create an account” button as shown above.
    Get a piece of paper to write down your information. You’re gonna need it.
    Click on the button “Create an account”
    Enter your first and last name into the first 2 boxes as marked.
    Now comes the interesting part! Choosing your e-mail name. This name accounts for the very first half your e-mail address. This can be as effortless or complicated as you wish. Generally speaking, you should try to make it as easy as possible so others can easily remember it when you decide to share it with anyone else. Google allows you to use letters, numbers and periods when creating your email address. It can be anything from joesmith1973 to ilovemyteacuppoodles.
    What you will need to understand is that email addresses do not allow for spacing so any email address name you come up with will always be together in a group, sort of like a run on sentence typo. This is true on all email accounts everywhere you go, not just Google’s Gmail. However, you are able to separate the different parts of your email name with periods. This would allow it to look less typographically challenged. An example of this would be the difference between, “joesmith1974” VS. “joe.smith.1974”. One more example of this would be, “ilovemyteacuppoodles”, i.love.my.teacup.poodles. Remember though to ensure that it remains as simple as possible in general.
    Now that you have found and chosen your desired email address name and have typed it into the 3rd box you will need to click on the small gray block below that that says, “check availability!”. This will let you know whether or not the name you selected is being used by someone else or if you accidentally misspelled it. If it is already in use it will inform you and provide you with a list of alternative ideas that are available that matched what you typed in as closely as possible.
    You don’t have to use any of these alternative email addresses provided, you may make a few unique changes to your desired email name like adding a 1 or maybe a birth year, then click the “check availability” button once more and it will confirm if this new variation of your email address is available. It will also inform you if you used an incorrect character, like a dash or slash (- or ) and which characters are acceptable. If it was your lucky day and you did everything correctly the first time around GMail will let you know that your chosen email address name is available. Give yourself a pat on the back, your ready to move forward.
    Now, for sake of this tutorial moving forward lets just say your new email address was ilovemyteacuppoodles@gmail.com
    The password is the next step in this process. This is another part where memory and spelling count. It needs to be typed in EXACTLY the same every time you log in so make it something you know you can remember. This means you should not make it too complex, however, you don’t want to make it ultra-simple either. Online security is really a deep subject. We could be around all day long and never scratch the surface.
    Your password for gmail will have to be a minimum of 8 characters long and can consist of numbers, letters and special characters if you desire. And. just like the rules that applied to the creation of your e-mail screen name, you can’t use spaces in here either. However, pretty much every other character, letter, number and symbol are allowed. When you’r done you will have a minimum of 8 characters or more.
    Next on the list is the security question. This is necessary in case you should happen to forget your password, or alternatively helping you regain access if an intruder were to get into your account and lock you out. If you were to be locked you would be be able to reset your password once again by using this security question.
    Next click on the little arrow on the right side of the box (indicated above) and choose one of the security questions. There are several to choose from, these range from “What was the name of your first teacher?” to “What was your first phone number?”
    If none of these are to your liking you can click the last one, “Write my own question”. This will open another small box just below where you can write in the question of your choice. In the “Answer” box which should be the next in line write in your answer. Make sure both question and answer go on your piece of paper.
    Next box: Recovery email. This is not a required box to be filled out. However, if you do have another e-mail address that you have access to put that information in the box. When problems arise and you can’t get into your account (for whatever the reason), instead of going through a lot of the other security procedures it will simply send the instructions to the Recovery e-mail address listed in your account.
    Location: Okay people, let’s be honest now. It’s going to be the United States. Because if you are living in Lithuania, Japan or some other country, you wouldn’t be reading these instructions.
    Birthday: Yet another place for honesty.
    Word Verification: This is known as a “CAPTCHA” or “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart”. Basically, you’re copying the letters from a picture and typing them into the box below it.
    It’s a really clever security feature designed to make sure that whoever is creating the account is a real person and not a computer program, since a computer program couldn’t “See” the picture to copy the words from. If you want to know more about this go to Wikipedia. Now…let’s press on.
    Terms of Service: Obviously there is no other way to proceed at this point without agreeing so if you do agree check the box and move forward with your new account ��
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Alpha, it is not that Google Help Center has no answers to my question, but the fact they use a community forum for customers to ask and answer questions like mine. The result is getting different answers to the same questoin.

I thought you didn't want gmail. Anyway there is no way to contact google by email. Like Linda said, if you open a google account you should be able to set up a gmail account without a phone number. Just go to google, click the sign in button, then the create an account link. Once you have an account, while you are logged in go to gmail and set up a gmail account.

That is correct. I spent too much time searching for a better webmai client The problem is there aren't any for personal use. All of the good ones are made for businesses in mind. Zoho claims to offer a free personal version but if you're inactive X number of days, everything will be deleted automatically IIRC. So I feel like I am stuck using an email client that sucks.

Did you check out gmx? You can set it up so that your email gets downloaded to your computer through an email client like Thunderbird. Gmail has that option too. In any case you can still use gmail and most of the others for personal use. Some internet providers also provide an email account, did you check if yours does?

I just like using webmail features, not the software. GMX needs a redesign. I did create an account there yesterday though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.