The chitchat section

Thumbs down The chitchat section

Is the chitchat section for personal things like asking about emails? I've seem some pretty weird threads here in the chitchat section. One title was "what do you put on your oatmeal?" Don't you think that is going a little to far?

I just wanted to know what everyone thinks.

(Remember, I don't want to remove the chitchat section...just make it better.

Thank you

There is nothing private about my complaint that Google lacks direct support to help people without mobile phones create Gmail accounts. Surely you had to notice I never posted my email address.

The only way to improve the section is make it impossible to post spam. For some reason nobody replied to my thread about that one.
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Your thread about which one? Also, it IS private to me. Anyway, each your own. But if Alpha is the moderator I would like to talk to her about this.

Remember, I would never want to start a fight.

I don't see anything wrong or weird about posting topics on oatmeal or help with email in the chitchat section. I think the chitchat section is a way to get to know members better, see what other interest they have besides pets. What do you think the chitchat forum should be about Yetidog?

And I don't see anything personal or private about asking a recommendation for an email service.

Chitchat is for any other topics that don't necessarily relate to pets. Subjects like food, email, music, weather, traffic, etc. are all welcome in the Chitchat forum.

Anything off-topic belongs here, share whatever you have to say!

What kind of oatmeal are we talking about? I eat quick-cooking (a.k.a. "1 minute") oatmeal every morning, but instant is not bad in a pinch. I would like to try steel cut oatmeal, but it isn't available locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Chitchat is for any other topics that don't necessarily relate to pets. Subjects like food, email, music, weather, traffic, etc. are all welcome in the Chitchat forum.
    Except for calling educated strangers "white trash" and griping about the conditions of America for poor black people just because one person's family is struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Except for calling educated strangers "white trash" and griping about the conditions of America for poor black people just because one person's family is struggling.
    That thread is history and so is the member who posted it, no need for concern about the topics discussed with members in general here on this forum in any section. If there is an issue with a spammer or troll, the administration will take care of it.

Linda certainly would have banned that poster herself if she could. Did a great job making the layd feel unwelcome here with my help. However, the thread made me wonder if we should do more to prevent that kind of crap, like start in a pets section first to prove you really care about animals and do not randomly choose a pet forum to discuss politics with no interest in creatures with fins ,fur, or feathers.

Alpha said it and she said it.

I love the chit chat section just the way it is!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    However, the thread made me wonder if we should do more to prevent that kind of crap, like start in a pets section first to prove you really care about animals and do not randomly choose a pet forum to discuss politics with no interest in creatures with fins ,fur, or feathers.
    That member did have an interest in dogs and made several posts about racing their dog. Regardless, a new member can post in any forum that they choose to providing the content isn't vulgar, offensive, hateful, etc.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.