Advice/Help with adoptions

Lightbulb Advice/Help with adoptions

Hi all!

I have been volunteering and attending adoption events at my humane society the last few months. I absolutely LOVE it and the ladies that keep this place going. Through the months I have seen dogs come and go, but there are a few that are almost impossible for me to get out of my head.

Bobo came to the shelter over 2 years ago. He was found with a piece of wood taped around his dragging front leg. We think he was hit by a car and someone 'fashioned' a splint. His leg had to be amputated, but that has not slowed Bobo down! He is around 3 years old now and was adopted a few weeks ago. I was optimistic and hopeful it would work out. Three weeks later he was returned at no fault of his own. They were just not ready for the responsibility that comes with owning a pet (that's a whole different rant).

Bobo, along with 2 or 3 other great dogs just seem to always be overlooked. These babies have been here over 2 years. They are loved deeply and taken care of, but I was hoping for maybe some advice. Other than going to PetSmart, does anyone possibly have any ideas for getting these dogs seen more? The Humane Society I volunteer at is in a VERY small town (they only have 1 person for part-time animal control if that gives you an idea). We do have a Facebook page and Petfinder, but I would appreciate any advice or ideas!

Handsome, aint he?
    bbb.jpg

Hi Bobo :- )

Bobo is a handsome dog!
    HELP SAVE GREYHOUNDS! GREYHOUNDS ARE IN NEED OF HOMES!

Can you tell me what state you are in? My nephew has a white pit 2 years old that would love a playmate. My nephew is thinking of adopting another one. If you aren't to far away I could tell him about Bobo. We are in New Hampshire
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hi! We are in South Carolina, so a ways away from you. Being transparent, Bobo would probably do better with a female friend versus male. He is good with the ladies and puppies, but other males he has not done as well. And no cats. He will give chase every time.

My guys are the same way... Wait, Linda didn't say that her nephew's dog is male. Linda is that a male or female? And JLind, do you mean Bobo doesn't get along well with male dogs or male people?

He's a male and they also have a cat.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hi, Bobo is not good with other male dogs from what I have seen. He is fine with people and kids.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.