Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prayers desperately needed

Prayers desperately needed

My nephew and his wife were so looking forward to the birth of their baby boy. He was due May 2. She went into labor Wed night, she was only 23 weeks. The hospital air lifted her to Boston where they couldn't stop her labor . Baby boy was born yesterday morning. Weight 1 pound 4 oz. He is fighting for his life tonight. Mom isn't doing good either, the dr. had to do an emergency c section to try to save her life and the baby's. Then she started bleeding out and was given many units of blood. Its not looking food for the little guy, mom is doing a little better. She was brought to the neo natal unit to see him and she put her hand in and touched his little hand and he grabbed on to her finger. Its such a sad situation, its doubtful the baby will live. This would have been my sister's first grandchild and she and her son have been staying at the hospital day and night. Luckily I have a key to his house so I can go over and take care of the dog.

So for the ones believing in the power of prayer, say an extra prayer for all of them, especially a tiny baby born much to soon.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh my goodness, how terrible for your nephew and his wife, I hope the baby can pull through this and the wife is okay. Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way Linda, very sad indeed.

Oh, how terrible. Hopefully mother and child can both pull through.

They are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope they pull through.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

doubtful the baby will make it. Another ultrasound showed blood on the brain and also in the abdomen. They let my nephew hold him for a few minutes this morning. Doctors are going to do one more ultrasound to be sure and then the parents have to decide whether or not to take him off life supports. If its as the dr. suspects he'd be blind and severe brain damage. His little head is no bigger than a walnut, the tubes keeping him alive are no thicker than a piece of thread. I've been up all night with my sister on the phone and today I've got dog duty, have to go to her house to take care of her dog then to my nephew's to take care of his. I had plans to go out for lunch with a friend but now obviously thats not happening. I'll be between houses all day.

I did speak to Donna, the mom, she said she's never going to be a mom, I told her she is a mom, mom to a little angel.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

So incredibly sad, I can't even imagine how the mother is feeling right now, your nephew too.

on my way out to take care of the dogs, told my sister I'll have my cell phone with me if she needs to get in touch with me. Josh and Donna are both 33, they were married last June, the plan was they wanted to have two children close together so they could grow up together. Everyone was so excited when they announced her pregnancy. In Dec. my sister and Donna's mother went with them for the ultrasound and found out it was a baby boy. Everything was going fine until Wed night. Placenta previa, ( where the placenta breaks loose and comes out before the baby. The drs. tried everything to stop it but nothing worked, he was born Thursday morning. Then the baby got stuck, they had to do an emergency surgery, unfortunately they couldn't reach the baby so had to cut more to get their hand in to pull him out. Its like something out of a bad dread. Women have abortions, children are abandoned and this baby so wanted and so planned for isn't going to make it. We were even planning a baby shower, and the irony is the baby was born on Donna's mother's birthday

I'm sorry.
    I love my chicks and they love me!

Baby passed about a half hour ago, his mom was holding him on her chest and he lived an hour off the life supports. The drs. said there was no way to save him, there was blood on the brain, blood in the abdomen and his liver had split. I just feel terrible for Josh and Donna and the grandparents, everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    Baby passed about a half hour ago, his mom was holding him on her chest and he lived an hour off the life supports. The drs. said there was no way to save him, there was blood on the brain, blood in the abdomen and his liver had split. I just feel terrible for Josh and Donna and the grandparents, everyone involved.
    My condolences to you, Donna, Josh and all the family, so sad to lose such a precious little one.

thank you Alpha, been a very difficult day. She was holding him when he passed, she didn't want to let him go and they let her keep him for about an hour, then she was ready, she knew he was gone and its done. Its going to be difficult for a while but in time it will get better. Its a great loss to loose a child but time has a way of dulling the pain and who knows maybe they'll try again in the future.

My sister told me tonight that Donna's mother had the same thing happen to her, she was six months pregnant but that baby didn't live either.

I can't imagine the pain they're feeling right now. How strange that the same thing happened to Donna's mother.

I'm so sorry. Thinking of the whole family.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Penny came over last night and we were talking about it, Penny is a hospice nurse,not a pediatrician nurse but she said it could be something like one chromasone to many which signals the placenta to dissolve. Doesn't matter now why it happened, it did so in time Donna will heal, the sting of the loss will lessen, it won't ever go away but time has a way of making things better. Don't know if they will ever try again for another baby but maybe someday they will. There will be a small funeral sometime this week, but its a private ceremony just the parents and grandparents. The little casket is no bigger than a shoe box. Going to be a very sad affair, I'm glad I'm not going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.