My cats become hyperactive after poo

My cats become hyperactive after poo

My older cat (3+ year olds) becomes hyperactive and even jump on my bed every time after doing his business (poo) on the litterbox. And he taught another little kitten to do the same. Is it normal?

Hi Coco. Thank you for posting.What are the names of your cats?

I have no idea why a cat would be more active immediately after pooping than any other time. However, if he only jumps on the bed after pooping, he could have been relieving himself of pain caused by constipation that made jumping, running, etc. hurt. How much time does he spend in the litterbox? Have you noticed any straining when he poops?

BTW jumping on the bed is not being hyperactive at all. If a three-year old cat never jumps on the bed, I would worry something is wrong.
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Hi coco, glad to see you again!

I think CatMoms advise should be good/help for now. Good luck with your pets!
    HELP SAVE GREYHOUNDS! GREYHOUNDS ARE IN NEED OF HOMES!

Quote Originally Posted by coco View Post
    My older cat (3+ year olds) becomes hyperactive and even jump on my bed every time after doing his business (poo) on the litterbox. And he taught another little kitten to do the same. Is it normal?
    Yes, it's normal, and they probably jump on the bed at other times too, you just notice when they do it right after they use the litterbox. I agree with CatMom, that's hardly hyperactive behavior, I don't think you have a problem at all.

Thanks for your advice. My elder cat is MiuMiu, and the little one is Double. Miumiu was rescued when he was 3 months old, and Double was adopted in his 4 months old.

Miumiu requires to stretch his legs, running and chasing Double several times a day. He loves to hide in my bed and look at Double on the floor, then suddenly rush at Double and chase him excitedly. So, is his weird behavior (jump to my bed after poo) related to exciting mood? This morning, I waked up early again because he ran into my belly suddenly. He is healthy and defecates normally. He grew up in the crate or on a leash in my mother's house until 2 years old. My mom said he meowed loudly every time finishing his business, which seems to attract my mom attention to scoop out the poo.

It does not matter what a cat does before jumping on the bed. Everything you described was normal except for MiuMiu being kept in a crate or on a leash all the time.
    Keep your cats safe during the holidays. They deserve a meowy Catmas.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.