Hello

Hello

Hello everyone; I'm Jessie. I currently have six aquariums, one flock of backyard chickens, mice, a hermit crab, and a family dog. I am very happy to be on the forum and thank you for letting me join. I have been keeping fish since I was six and chickens since I was eight, and have ample experience with both. Here are all my pets:

Yin- a mentally challenged rooster- a beautiful black mixbreed, almost four years old. He was attacked by a hawk and had serious injuries, he can't fly, but walks and runs very well.

Plumps- a salmon faverolle hen, almost four years old. She has a big personality.

Peanut- a mixbreed hen with gray feathers that turn dark yellow near her head.

Penny- a red broiler mix, who was adopted last year and is best friends with my leghorn hen.

Luna- a beautiful white leghorn, who is quiet, dainty, and very friendly.

Sheldon- the family dog, a calm German Shepherd who is afraid of chicks and hermit crabs.

Pinchels- a medium-sized purple pincher hermit crab. he just molted for his second time since I have had him. He used to have four other crab acquaintances, but he ate them all, including one that was much larger than he. I am planning to get another crab in the next few months.

Charlie and Charlene- two brown house mice that live in the chicken coop. They also live with two other mice, who are not nearly as friendly. They are not very shy and come out even in the rays of a flashlight.

Sauron- a *deep breath* male black and orange crimped doubletail betta fish. His sibling, Mordor, passed away recently. Sauron is currently raising his second brood of betta fry. All my bettas are kept in tanks of at least five gallons, which I think should be the humane minimum.

Persia- a male butter yellow veiltail betta, who was raised with other males in the same tank. He is getting older and has trouble breathing sometimes- he has never raised a brood but is very active and personable nonetheless.

Jewel- Jewel is a grizzled pink and blue crowntail betta. She is the smallest female but bosses around all the others, including the top male. She has blue eyes, the only betta I have ever seen with colored irises.

Queen Shasta- a red-finned silver veiltail betta. She is very nice and personable.

Daisy- a very unique female halfmoon betta, who was recently mated to Sauron. She changes to a horizontally-striped black and lavender when I put new water into the tank, remains a scattered purple half of the time, and vertically barred with black the rest of the time.

Olivia and Charlie- two guppies that I received as a pair. Charlie is a orange delta male, and Olivia is grey with black speckles and a yellowish tail.

Rio and Panda- a pair of platinum sky-blue delta guppies. Rio is a brilliant blue with red and black spots here and there, and Panda is grey with black speckles on her tail fin.

Jackie Dreamer- A three-inch long female guppy. She has a D-tail and a skinny body.

Fry- I have sixteen fry, some from deceased parents, all growing nicely.

Jada and Goldie- a pair of Mystery snails, one jade and one gold. Jada has already laid six clutches of eggs.

Baby mystery snails- I have counted and determined I have over 250, not including ones still in their eggs.

Rosco- a giant tadpole snail, half and inch long. I also have several blue and pink ramshorn snails, more tadpole snails, and Malaysian trumpet snails.

Helena and Roscoe- a pair of wild creek crayfish. Roscoe is a dull grey and just molted yesterday- Helena is a wild blue crayfish with deep blue claws and a mild tint on the rest of her body.
    1.JPG

Danios- I have eight zebra danios; two of the eight are longfin and one of those two is a brilliant gold.

Moonshine and Goldust- a goldust molly and a silver balloon-belly molly. They are both very sweet and love to be pet.
    Last edited by Jessie J.; 02-10-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Hi Jessie, so good to have you join us! Looks like you have quite a few pets there, that's great! Glad to know that Yin survived that hawk attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Hi Jessie, so good to have you join us! Looks like you have quite a few pets there, that's great! Glad to know that Yin survived that hawk attack.

Thank you.

Wekcine ti the forum. Wow, you have a lot of animals! Please post pictures and videos if you can.

I also have a pet named Daisy. She is a white shorthair cat with green eyes and light gray stripes (called tabby markings in cats) on the top of her head.
    Beware of people who don't like cats.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Wekcine ti the forum. Wow, you have a lot of animals! Please post pictures and videos if you can.

I also have a pet named Daisy. She is a white shorthair cat with green eyes and light gray stripes (called tabby markings in cats) on the top of her head.
    My friends have a longhair mix, bi-color with patches, and her name is Daisy also! They have three other cats, all mixes, but I'm pretty sure one is a British Shorthair too.

welcome to the forum, I have a german shepherd named Phoenix and three cats, two bengals, male, Orri, female Sandy Claws and a siamese mix rescue, named naughty nanny
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    welcome to the forum, I have a german shepherd named Phoenix and three cats, two bengals, male, Orri, female Sandy Claws and a siamese mix rescue, named naughty nanny
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie J. View Post
    My friends have a longhair mix, bi-color with patches, and her name is Daisy also! They have three other cats, all mixes, but I'm pretty sure one is a British Shorthair too.
    I did not want to give my cat one of the most common names, but Daisy works for her. She responds to it.

Did you ever have a cat?
    Beware of people who don't like cats.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    I did not want to give my cat one of the most common names, but Daisy works for her. She responds to it.

Did you ever have a cat?
    Unfortunately, no, but I have handled them and read veterinary medicine regarding cats.

Welcome! Glad you joined!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Welcome! I am going to start a chicken flock soon!
    HELP SAVE GREYHOUNDS! GREYHOUNDS ARE IN NEED OF HOMES!

Quote Originally Posted by Furballs&dogbones View Post
    Welcome! Glad you joined!
    Thank you for the welcome- what chickens are you planning on getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie J. View Post
    Thank you for the welcome- what chickens are you planning on getting?
    Just to let you know, you quoted Furballs post instead on mine.

I am planning on getting 4 black austrulorp chicks in about a week. BTW, are with any chicken forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    Just to let you know, you quoted Furballs post instead on mine.

I am planning on getting 4 black austrulorp chicks in about a week. BTW, are with any chicken forums?
    Yes the same one as bamboohens.

Cool!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.