Car deer saving?

Thumbs up Car deer saving?

I have heard people on this forum talk about hitting deer with their cars. If the deer isn't killed but only hurt is there any way to save them so they don't get shot?

I think we could save them if we had a deer healing farm or something.
    I love my chicks and they love me!

Deer hutning is shooting healthy deer, not the victims of vechicular accidents. When deer are injured on the road they are either treated or euthanized.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Deer hutning is shooting healthy deer, not the victims of vechicular accidents. When deer are injured on the road they are either treated or euthanized.
    What does that mean? What are you Trying to say?

Yeti, I think that when deer are hit by vehicles they generally have very severe internal and external injuries. For that reason, they are often put down as soon as possible, the lucky ones anyway, others are left to suffer and die slowly on the roadway.

I believe in some rural areas a driver with a rifle can shoot the deer right away to put it out of its misery, but legally you're supposed to call 911 and wait for a cop to come and shoot it, but that may take an hour or more in some cases. Even if there was a deer sanctuary somewhere, very few deer hit by cars or trucks would have injuries minor enough to rehab, there are a lot of deer/vehicle collisions in the US.

I think CatMom was confused when you said to save them from getting shot, she immediately thought of hunting, but I may be wrong....she'd have to speak for herself on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetidog37 View Post
    What does that mean? What are you trying to say?
    It means there is no reason to worry about deer being shot when they are lying down in the road. "Shoot" and "deer" are written in the same sentence when people talk about hunting, not driving.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    It means there is no reason to worry about deer being shot when they are lying down in the road.
    I think Yeti wanted them to be saved from being killed after an auto collision. It is something to worry about if you don't want the deer to lose its life, but it's needed to save the injured deer from suffering.

Now that is different. Saving a deer from suffering obviously does not mean making it worse by inflicting pain at the site of a bullet.

Pain ends when life is gone, very simple.

I hit a deer once with my Lincoln. Did a lot of damage to the front of my car but the deer was fine, just knocked her down and she got up and ran away. By the time the cops came she was long gone. All they found was some deer hair stuck in the grill
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks everyone.

I'm glad she ran away Linda!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.