No improvement for Daisy after 6 weeks

No improvement for Daisy after 6 weeks

The last time my vet saw Daisy was February 1. That was nearly 6 weeks ago. Nothing has changed. She has no fleas, but still scratches her neck area excessively even without the pheromone collar. I have watched a lot of litterbox visits and every time her behavior is the same. Mom finally scheduled an appointment for Friday at 9:00. I am not happy about the time, but have already been waiting too long to bring her back.

For the new people who don't know what is going on, read this thread: http://www.petforums.com/showthread....eremone-collar

Sorry to hear about Daisy, hope they can find out what her problem is. Do you keep a collar on her daily, could it be that any collar bothers her?

I kept the collar on her for 16 days. She has never worn another one since I cut it off.

Any ideas why she might still be scratching with no collar or fleas?

Awwwww, hope the vet can figure out what's wrong. Keep us updated!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

He will figure it out somehow. I will let you know.

Good news: I don't have to take her in tomorrow. The vet was not in yet when Mom called this morning, so he called her back. He thinks it is not marking, just a weird way to pee, and there is no benefit of taking her in for testing. Mom was asked to measure the litterbox height andi it is 15 inches. I do not like his idea to get a covered litterbox, which would involve taking hte top on and off every day to clean it. He agrees she does not need another pheromone collar. I am happy about that, but it means I sitll don't have an explanation for scratching without a collar.

Glad you have some good news! Hope she keeps on that way!
    I love my chicks and they love me!

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Good news: I don't have to take her in tomorrow. The vet was not in yet when Mom called this morning, so he called her back. He thinks it is not marking, just a weird way to pee, and there is no benefit of taking her in for testing. Mom was asked to measure the litterbox height andi it is 15 inches. I do not like his idea to get a covered litterbox, which would involve taking hte top on and off every day to clean it. He agrees she does not need another pheromone collar. I am happy about that, but it means I sitll don't have an explanation for scratching without a collar.
    It's no big deal to lift off the cover of the litter box with the handle, I do it every single day, sometimes twice a day, a non-issue. Scratching at the neck with no collar on might be some type of skin rash maybe? Any redness or tiny bumps that are visible with a magnifying glass? Perhaps she has some type of dermatitis or other skin condition that is isolated in the neck area?

The only visible difference in Daisy's neck is having less fur. She is not completely bald, but I can see her skin under it. That problem is only on her right side, but she scratches the left side a lot too.

Agree to disagree on covered litterboxes. It is two more steps that provide no benefit to the cat. I don't want to make cleaning the litterbox harder.

Glad you got one problem answered!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Now if only Daisy could tell me why she pees that way.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.