Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Giving our "tiger" a course of tablets. Epic fail!

Shell started vomiting so back to the vets. More injections. She has some sort of bacterial infection. We've got a liquid to squirt down the back of her throat 3 times a day now. Hopefully this will put her back on track. She went downhill in a matter of hours. I feel so helpless with my baby. It's contagious too. She has 4 kittens. ��

Sorry to hear that, hope she recovers and the kittens don't get the infection....good luck with your babies.

Thank you ❤. With just the one 14 day boost injection, she's looking a lot brighter. I've hand fed her some shredded beef steak and bought her a chicken and she's actually interested in eating now. I can't stop the kittens from using her tray instead of theirs but hopefully their immunity through her milk will help. If not, more vets bills but at least we'll know the right treatment.

I just can't get over how close we've become to Shell in such a short time. Both of us were crying today when she looked so bad. For 2 humans adopted 3 months ago, it's like we've had her for life. Match made in heaven no doubt. 😍

Just a note to people in US, hope you're all safe. Just watching the news. Weather is insane. 😥 Don't go out. XX

That is good news about Shelley. Is she cooperating with the liquid medication?

Some diseases are contagious to nursing kittens because their immune systems are still immature. A boost from milk can help but you really need to make them pee and poop somewhere else. Buy a litterbox with higher sides only Shell can get into if you don't already have one.

Does the vet know what her problem is?

BTW the weather is perfect here. Without news channels I would never know how bad it is somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgewitch View Post
    Thank you ❤. With just the one 14 day boost injection, she's looking a lot brighter. I've hand fed her some shredded beef steak and bought her a chicken and she's actually interested in eating now. I can't stop the kittens from using her tray instead of theirs but hopefully their immunity through her milk will help. If not, more vets bills but at least we'll know the right treatment.

I just can't get over how close we've become to Shell in such a short time. Both of us were crying today when she looked so bad. For 2 humans adopted 3 months ago, it's like we've had her for life. Match made in heaven no doubt. 

Just a note to people in US, hope you're all safe. Just watching the news. Weather is insane.  Don't go out. XX
    Glad things are looking up and she's eating too. Also it's great that you've bonded so closely together. We had the 'bomb cyclone' come through by us here in Colorado a couple of days ago, I stayed inside that day, winds were too intense and coming from all directions whipping around the snow. Very bad visibility on the highways, accidents, property damage, trees toppling.....luckily we fared okay and didn't have any damage that I'm aware of. The storm has moved on to other areas, I just heard that Texas is having extreme winds now, but no snow.

Crazy weather!! We had weeks of 45-46C this summer. Not to mention horrendous dust storms. They're not life threatening though so I guess we're lucky.

Of course Texas has no snow. The state has warm winters, just like Florida.

Hedgewitch, most forum members only know Farenheit temperatures and say 45 degrees when it is cold outside.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    Of course Texas has no snow. The state has warm winters, just like Florida.
    The point was that Texas was being affected by the latest storm 'bomb cyclone' causing extreme winds, Texas has had snow.....just not now with this storm.

Ok, to convert temps that 115 degrees.

OMG that is insane! Are you near the Outbacks?

Yep. We live in the official gateway to the Outback. Bless the gods of aircon. 😁

I know what you mean. Air conditioning is literally a lifesaver to both human and feline members of our homes.

How are your kittens doing?

The kittens are fighting fit...literally. 😁 Thank you for asking. 6.5 weeks old now. Already getting into bed with us in the morning. 😊 How many do you have Catmom?

Good to hear the kittens are fit and healthy Hedgewitch, six and a half weeks old already! Sweet they're starting to share your bed already, my boy comes in and spends some time next to me in bed on most nights.

I have one cat. She is white except for light gray tabby markings on her head (the M and surrounding stripes). Her name is Daisy. She will be 3 in July.

Time flies when you have kittens. It does not seem like they are that old already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.