Blackthorn injury to my dog paw

Blackthorn injury to my dog paw

My dog my paw has been infected by blackthorn has anyone else experienced this, and how did they cure it

I have no experience with blackthorns, but from what I've read, a serious infection could happen from a puncture wound. I'll post if I come across any valuable information for you. I would likely see a veterinarian if it was my pet, as the blackthorns seem to be much more dangerous than an average thorn. Best wishes for your dog.

This is all I could find, but as Alpha says please see your vet!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4474271_remo...-dogs-paw.html

Blackthorn infection

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    My dog my paw has been infected by blackthorn has anyone else experienced this, and how did they cure it
    Thanks for your reply, flushed out the wound, but was very swollen. Took him to the vet and they gave him a general
    anistectic and made another hole to drain out the infection and gave him antibotics. Apparently the foreign body can travel to any other part of the body. As no thorn was found with the treatment he was given will make a full recovery. Thanks again for your time

Thanks for your information, took poor Barney to the vet as tried everything, hope he gets better soon

OK! I am happy that the doctor and you took care of Barney! Pets are like kids when they are in pain or injured ~ we feel the pain as much as they do, but there is only so much that we as laypeople know what to do!

I don't know much about blackthorn, I hope Barney's paw heals soon and he is not in too much pain.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.