Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NDE: Dogs In The Afterlife

NDE: Dogs In The Afterlife

Some years ago American Bryce Bond was taken seriously ill and in the course of this underwent a NDE.

He remembered suddenly passing through a long tunnel toward a beautiful light and then...

" I hear a bark and racing toward me is a dog I once had, a black poodle named Pepe. When I see him, I feel an emotional floodgate open. Tears fill my eyes. He jumps into my arms, licking my face. As I hold him, he is real, more real than I had ever experienced him. I can smell him, feel him, hear his breathing and sense his great joy at being with me again.

I put my dog to the ground and step forward to embrace my stepfather, when a very strong voice is heard in my consciousness 'Not yet' it says. I scream 'Why?' Then this inner voice says 'What have you learned? and who have you helped?' I am dumbfounded. The voice seems to be from without as well as within. Everything stops for a moment. I have to think of what was asked of me. I cannot answer what I have learned, but I can answer who I have helped.

I feel the presence of my dog around me as I ponder those two questions. Then I hear barking and other dogs appear, dogs I once had. As I stand there in what seems an eternity, I want to embrace and be absorbed and merge. I want to stay. The sensation of not wanting to come back is overwhelming."

Bryce was also greeted by all of his relatives who had passed on before him.
    He experienced these loved ones as somewhat younger in form and face than when he had last seen them, healthier and happier.
    He remembered racing backward through the same tunnel he had entered when it was time to leave and reviving in time to witness a hypodermic needle being plunged into his arm.
    "I heard a voice say 'Welcome back' I never asked who said it and nor do I care.
    I was told by the doctor that I had been 'dead' for over ten minutes."

(From 'Beyond The Light' by P.M.H. Atwater)

In a similar vein:

Recommended reading

Animals And The Afterlife:True Stories Of Our Best Friends' Journey Beyond Death
    by
    Kim Sheridan

Thats a beautifull NDE experience, I look forward to seeing all my beloved pets that have passed, in my next life.I will look out for that book too thanks Knightofalbion.

An extract from a NDE account given by a lady called Mary

'Horses and dogs were playing together and when they stopped, they seemed to stare a hole through me and then went back to playing.
    I was told they were checking to see if I was the person they were waiting for that had loved them while on earth...'

'You think dogs will not be in Heaven?
    I tell you, they will be there before any of us'
    - Robert Loius Stevenson

Dogs...and cats!

A NDE account given by an unnamed cat loving lady

"I can reassure you that there ARE cats in Heaven. I had a NDE and met all of mine (46 of them!)
    Best wishes to you. See you 'up there' someday."

Loving reunion with Mimi and Sam

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/animals02.html

(And one for cat lovers...)

Don't forget your mouse...

"When I buried Kizzy I wondered how the others would react. Her closest companion cat sat briefly by the open grave and then ran indoors. She returned with Kizzy's favourite toy mouse and dropped it into the grave with the body"
    - S Louise Smith

Could you please give the source for the last story, Noble Knight? Thanks.

I've just sent you a PM with the link, Peter.

Yes, I like it too. Whilst not a NDE, to my mind the cat is clearly acknowledging the continuity of life i.e. that the 'dead' cat is heading for a new life in another place and will be wanting their favourite toy to take with them...

Pictures don't fall by themselves...

http://www.animalsandtheafterlife.co...s-demetri.html

The dog who came back...to say 'Thank you'

http://www.animalsandtheafterlife.co...pts-daisy.html

I read the first story and it gave me the goosebumps. It is indeed beautiful and I do wish it's true.

I know this isn't an NDE experience, but I am reminded by the story of Don Bluth. "All Dogs Go to Heaven" was the title. As a kid, it was a pretty awesome movie and I've always imagined all my dogs going to heaven... even the crazy ones.

Here's an excerpt from the Whippet Angel in the Gates of Heaven:

Whippet Angel: All dogs go to heaven because, unlike people, dogs are naturally good and loyal and kind.

This one may not be everyone's cup of tea, but very interesting nevertheless ...

(Communication in the spirit world is through thought transference, so it will be possible to chat with your cat or dog, or as in this case, horse...)

http://adcguides.com/wilmot1wma.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.