Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NDE: Dogs In The Afterlife

These are such wonderful accounts full of hope that we will be re-united with our loved ones -including animals. Thank you for starting this thread, Knight.

I am so glad that many people have had such experiences, and are happy to share them with others.

I have a personal account also. That was not a Near Death Experience, but an out of body experience. (These are very similar, except that during the out of body experience, you are not clinically 'dead' at the time, and can be in perfect health.)

In June 2012 my beloved dog Misty passed away from Hemangiosarcoma. We loved each other very much, and I was very sad. At the time I was quite sceptical about "Life After Death". I hoped she had passed to somewhere nice but didn't know. I always was the sort of person who needs good evidence and needs to know something -not just believe in it.

A few weeks after her passing I had an unexpected out of body experience one morning. I was completely conscious and aware -not dreaming, and felt myself start to rise up out of my body. Just to see if Misty might have passed to a life beyond, I decided to call her name out loud while going out of body, and whistle for her -but didn't expect anything to happen.

Well something DID happen! With a lot of bumps and scuttering clumsy sounds, she came rushing towards me, and then there was a big 'thump!' against what I thought had to be my bed....and I put out my hands and felt her head, neck, ears, face. My beautiful girl -more alive than ever. No longer sick or tired, but full of energy. No more lump on her back (where she'd had a Hemangiosarcoma tumour under her skin.)

And the main thing was -she felt so warm to my touch. There was so much love and strength from her. I could feel her love. However, all the time, through this, she was so much 'herself'. Exactly as I had known her.
    It was obvious to me that she had no more signs of her physical illness, and was very much alive. Not only that but she seemed okay in herself, though happy to make contact with me.

Our animals do pass over to a life on 'the other side'. It seems this is a form of heaven, as they are restored to health and strength, and have so much love with them. They obviously do not forget us, and the loving bonds we share.

I am hoping our story will help anyone who is grieving the loss of an animal companion.

Blessings to all
    From me and my dog's (very much alive!) Soul.

I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your Misty. Thanks for sharing that interesting story.

I lost my Levi Jan 9 at 4:50 pm ....I miss him to utter most. We were very bonded as well. I look forward to seeing him again. I Love My Levi and I am so lost without him.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemylittleboy View Post
    I lost my Levi Jan 9 at 4:50 pm ....I miss him to utter most. We were very bonded as well. I look forward to seeing him again. I Love My Levi and I am so lost without him.
    I am sorry about how you must be feeling since Levi left this world. And January 9th is not very long ago, so your feelings must still be very raw.
    Often we love them in a deeper way than we have loved before, and it is very hard when they have to go onward before us. But your love is truly still alive, and Levi does still love and remember you even though he has moved away from Earth life. Finding quiet spaces in your life to remember him with deep affection, bless him in his new way of being, and send heart-felt love to him -may help you at this sad time.

Let yourself grieve naturally and don't be afraid of the emotions. But always remember the special love you have for Levi.

Blessings to you, and to him.
    Tobi.

Thank you Tobi. We were really bonded ,Levi and I. And it still very raw indeed. So many people don't understand how attached we get to our beloved pets. Everything is fresh in my mind about how I cared for him and watching him fade away...... they are like your children.
    I miss his bright eyes looking me and now the weather is breaking and it is time to walk and he is not here. Levi was just special to me out of all the dogs I have had .... he was just different. And I love and cherish each dog the Lord has put in my life.
    We will see our babies, faithful companions , again.
    Blessings to you as well and your companion
    Vicky

It's natural that Levi's last illness has made a mark on your memory. I think we all get this. It might be because those are the very last memories we have of them while they live here with us.
    But I did find out from my dog that all signs of her illness had left her when she passed over. I didn't expect this. I didn't expect anything, but this is what I was shown by her.
    Dogs let go of things a lot easier than some humans do. As soon as they feel free of their bodies and have no more physical pain or troubles, they move right into that. I am sure similar will have happened with Levi.

I am certain he wants you to tune into him more with the love you share, than with regrets, or worries, or images in mind of his old self, still suffering with pain.
    He will not be like that any more.

Misty came to show me what she did, I am sure so that I could let others know what happens to them.

Hi Tobi, I know he is not in pain anymore. He had cancer , very aggressive. It all happened so fast. We think we take the very best care of them and then cancer comes along. I loath the word . I thank God for the time he gave me with Levi, I just sometimes have a hard time asking myself why and what did I do wrong that he had to leave me. I know you have to have felt that with Misty. All I know is I miss him like crazy....and we had a beautiful day here finally and me and Levi would be out doing our thing and all I could do is sit here and watch everyone walking their dogs. But again I have to believe he is with Smokey (out other dog), his best friend ever, they got along like two peas in a pod. Levi would do nothing without Smokey. Not even go outside. He always went to get Smokey or wait for him to get up and come with him. Now they are together again. I am happy for that at least. I know my pain and tears will ease and I will start to remember the good days instead of the his end of days ,,,,,caring for him 24/7 hoping I was doing right by him. But I just could not let someone kill my dog....my best friend ever. But I made him comfortable as I could and we stayed side by side to the end. I prayed to God t take him here at home and painlessly. God did answer my prayers. Levi hated the Vet office and I wasn't going to take him there to have him killed No never. The term put down or put to sleep are a nicer way to say kill is all. God let my Dobi die at home as well. Smokey . I was tricked into Smokey getting "the shots".....thanks to my vet and my husband putting their heads together.............I came home without my Smokey.
    Thank you Tobi for your kindness. And I am sure Misty is waiting happily for you too.

Stroking a puma (on the Other Side):
    Roger was obviously a trifle timid of the puma, no doubt from his recollection of the same kind of animal on earth, but our host at once reassured him.
    'You need have no fear, my son' said he. 'See, she is without her wildness, and wishes harm to no-one,'
    Ruth had stooped down and was stroking and playing with the lovely creature, which was as gentle as a lamb.
    'She is not the only one of her kind here, by any means', continued our host, 'but their dispositions are all the same - harmless and gentle. You see, the two chief earthly factors are gone from all animals in these lands - the need for food, which makes them prey upon others, and fear of both their own creature-kind and of human kind. Remove these two and there you have the result. They are a great joy to us - and to themselves. Try for yourself my son.'
    Roger bent down beside Ruth, and in a moment had lost his misgivings in stroking the puma's thick fur
    - From 'More About Life In The World Unseen' recorded by Anthony Borgia

It (the beloved animal) is kept and looked after by someone here until the friend (owner) arrives into spirit life. Often the dog or cat is the first one to greet the new arrival
    - Harry Edwards, world famous spiritualist and spiritual healer

Lovely, comforting words from Harry. Often one's beloved 'dead' pet will be the first one to greet you when you yourself 'die' and arrive (very much alive!) in the world of spirit.

On the subject of Harry's observation .....

This is a film dramatisation from the wonderful film 'What Dreams May Come'. In this clip the character, played by the late Robin Williams, has arrived in the spirit world. At first very confused, and alone - until Katie turns up!
    The clip ends in the most beautiful and uplifting way, with Robin's character realising that there is no death, that there is reunion with loved ones, that there is restoration of youth and vigour, and caught up in the beauty and wonder of it all, he starts to joyfully laugh ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYonzhFT_z4

Very many animals, of course, are living with the people they loved and who loved them in other spheres. Our friend John has his spaniel, my husband's grandmother her dogs and horses, and we have just learned that Rudolf, our friend's cat recently passed over, is keeping our friend's mother company, an old lady who just preceded him into spirit life.

The knowledge that our loved and faithful friends are contentedly waiting to greet us is wonderful indeed. But this knowledge also forces us to take stock of our behaviour to all animals, and perhaps think much more deeply about their welfare, evolution, individualisation and happiness.
    And this in turn makes us take another look at what we eat and what we wear, for all creation is one, all part of the Divine Spirit, and the Law of that spirit is LOVE
    - Peggy Mason (From 'Tales of Two Worlds')

Quote Originally Posted by Knightofalbion View Post
    It (the beloved animal) is kept and looked after by someone here until the friend (owner) arrives into spirit life. Often the dog or cat is the first one to greet the new arrival
    - Harry Edwards, world famous spiritualist and spiritual healer

Lovely, comforting words from Harry. Often one's beloved 'dead' pet will be the first one to greet you when you yourself 'die' and arrive (very much alive!) in the world of spirit.
    Anyone wanting to read an extended version of the quote can read it in the article of Donna Tynan: http://www.harryedwardshealingsanctu.../hmagoct14.pdf on page 17.

Thank you very much for that link, LPC.
    The story "Do Animals Live Again?" -the story of the army officer John Simpson and his faithful dog Jack, is so beautiful.
    If we 'listen' carefully to what our loved ones tell us they will tell us very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Thank you very much for that link, LPC.
    The story "Do Animals Live Again?" -the story of the army officer John Simpson and his faithful dog Jack, is so beautiful.
    If we 'listen' carefully to what our loved ones tell us they will tell us very much!
    That is a big Amen Tobi!!! You know some nights I just think I hear Levi snoring and I get up and look. I know he is gone now but I feel his presents some times too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.