Oregon Zoo's Newborn Elephant Sold to Circus

Oregon Zoo's Newborn Elephant Sold to Circus

Cutest elephant was just born and is playing with her mom in some wood chips. Contracts just surfaced which give ownership to a private company that does traveling shows in a month.

Aww, I feel so sad for that poor little elephant baby. I'm not in favor of keeping any wild animals in captivity, but I know her life would be so much better at a zoo in Oregon, as opposed to a traveling circus. I've heard too many horror stories about animal abuse in the circus, and spending her life on the road is no way for any animal to live. If I had my way, I'd put an end to all circuses...those precious animals can't speak for themselves, and people can be so cruel.

I completely agree. Thank god media outcry has seemed to secure the baby elephants place at the zoo. Oregon Zoo has released a statement on their Facebook page that it is keeping the elephant and Have Trunk Will Travel (private company) has no intent to assume possession of the baby elephant. So good news all round!

Happy ending, yay!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.