Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Best cat toys?

When I buy high priced items online like clippers, I always use PetEdge. Their prices are always lower than Foster.

PetEdge - Oster A5 2 speed clipper $119.93
    Foster - " $159.99

Here's Booda Bone chews

Pet Edge - Little 11pack - $6.69

Foster - " $9.99

PE - Bigger 9pack - $7.69
    Foster - " $10.99

PE - Really Big 7pack - $7.79
    Foster - " $9.99

PE - Biggest 5pack - $7.79
    Foster - " $10.99

So, unless there's something in particular on sale there, I don't frequent Doctors Foster and Smith, too pricey for me!

My old cat loved paper balls. Whenever she saw someone writing, or whenever you got the mail, she was always underfoot. She didn't like regular balls or balls with bells in them - just crumpled paper balls. She liked to carry them around in her mouth. She also liked pencils (the wooden ones, not mechanical pencils or pens) and my pencils would always disappear. I'd have to buy pack after pack of pencils because the cat would take off with them.

After she passed away, we were moving out of the apartment and moved the couch (it was really heavy so we hadn't moved it prior to this) and there was a whole stash of paper balls and pencils inside! TONS of them! That was where she'd been putting them the whole time.

That's funny! My cat also steals or pencils (and pens) everyday! I have some in a dish on the kitchen table, and some in glass holders in my living room and den. It's funny to watch him, because he knows he's doing something bad. He sneaks up to the pencils, acts like he's not interested, then he snatches one and takes off.

He likes to head off to a throw rug, and play with it there...or he swats them under the refrigerator or stove. He has a closet in our basement, and even with the door closed, he can access it through the laundry room. Favorite hiding place for stolen pens, toys, etc.

my kitten Milkie shread s his toys
    but now he just chases birds and feet and go s in buckets and under the stairs and chases my older cat and attacks for fun my feet !
    the best strinf with bells and feathers we have got was from pets at home and was a bell and pink feathers with thick move able string
    it was brilliant
    certanlly a change from my feet !
    Milie is white and when ever i am paingting for scool work he jumps in the paint and gets it all over himself
    and suprisingly he loves water he will sit under the tap whle its on and get water all over him and loves being toweled down
    where as my other cat just brings back mice ! :/
    Lol x

I get a lot of Molly's toys from 'Purrs In Our Heart' she has never had one she doesn't like, Its based in UK though.

Here are a few, she loves the Pheasant feathers! and the others attach to a rod.

IMG_0774.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by skarlett88 View Post
    An all time favourite of my Arthur is TWIST TIES! He goes crazy over them, especially when I wrap them around my finger to make them kind of bouncy. He'll bat those things around until they go flat again, and then I just wrap them around, and off he goes again! Another favourite are those little catnip mice from the pet store. He always ends up losing them, which is why we go for twist ties - they're free (come with the garbage bags, and we don't use them for those) and plentiful in supply.

My kitty has never shown much interest in most store bought cat toys, like the balls with bells in them, and anything that makes noise.

He also has a favourite stuffed lion. No catnip there, but he'll throw it into the air and try to catch it. Same story with an old feather duster. Ahh, my cat loves to play ^_^
    Twistie ties are very dangerous and must be thrown away or kept out of a cat's reach at all times unless you want to pay expensive vet bills for having them surgically removed.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Quote Originally Posted by kittydancer View Post
    My old cat loved paper balls. Whenever she saw someone writing, or whenever you got the mail, she was always underfoot. She didn't like regular balls or balls with bells in them - just crumpled paper balls. She liked to carry them around in her mouth. She also liked pencils (the wooden ones, not mechanical pencils or pens) and my pencils would always disappear. I'd have to buy pack after pack of pencils because the cat would take off with them.

After she passed away, we were moving out of the apartment and moved the couch (it was really heavy so we hadn't moved it prior to this) and there was a whole stash of paper balls and pencils inside! TONS of them! That was where she'd been putting them the whole time.
    Patricia was like this. She loved crumpled aluminum foil. Unfortunately it had to be small enough to fit under the oven. She played hockey with those things in the kitchen. Unfortunately, they had to be small enough to fit under the oven and I often could not get them out without a yardstick. When the oven finally died, someone found 20 of those foil balls there the day it was replaced. That happened years after she lost interest in them.
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.