Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

An Unfortunate Accident !!!

Wow, always a lot to go through for an injury huh? Glad she's doing so well. What exactly are they doing with the laser treatments? Thought that was just used to the operation itself.

I have absolutely NO idea what they are doing with the laser treatment.. they claim it helps healing and it makes healing a bit faster..
    I don't care if it helps or not as I wouldn't know anyway.. We don't pay for the treatments as it is all included in the price I paid him..

That's great if it helps heal it faster!

Alpha..
    I have NO idea if it heals faster or not.. Couldn't say !!!
    I know that the vet has requested the laser treatment 3 times a week for the next week.. If it makes him happy, why not...

Would be a really good idea to find out what it does and why the vet wants to do it before allowing it to go ahead. Theres no way I'd allow any vet no matter what to give treatment to my dog unless I fully understood what it was for and if it was beneficial to my dog. I wouldn't want to put him through the stress of vet trips that aren't needed and treatment for no reason.

I'm sure most vets wouldn't recommend treatment that's not needed just for the financial gain but you can't be too careful when it comes to your fur babies!

Actually there is NO financial gain for the treatment at all.. It is included in the price..
    He claims it helps healing.. It is similar to an ultrasound..

It seems to be very useful in helping with the healing and regenerative process, I think I would be happy to have laser treatment for my pet after surgery, especially if it was no extra cost to me. http://dawgbusiness.blogspot.com/201...rapy-help.html . My husband has a light-therapy unit for muscle injury, and I think it works the same way. I've read that laser therapy for healing is more often done in natural/holistic veterinary offices.

Sounds like little Sheeba is being well taken care of at home and at the docs.

Must have misunderstood the posts - it looked to me as though Steve was saying he had no idea what the laser treatment was for or if it was beneficial to Sheeba so I was just saying I wouldn't go ahead with treatment if I didn't understand why my pet was being giving it, and would be quizzing the vet to find out what the purpose of the treatment was.

If it's helping Sheeba and no extra cost, then that's fantastic and I agree with Alpha, that she's getting all the treatment and care she needs.

I'm guilty of not always quizzing what the vet has recommended in the past. Sometimes if they've been responsible and caring, we just trust that their recommendations are in the best interest of the pet. Interesting to learn of the benefits of laser therapy though.

Actually I had NO idea what the laser was doing till it was explained to me by one of the attending nurses at the vet hospital..
    Yes it is beneficial as it was explained..

Now I know !!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually today we have another appointment to have another laser treatment for Sheeba..
    I will definitely ask what exactly this laser treatment is doing and why....

Remember she still has a metal plate in her leg that MUST come out in a few weeks..

The stitches come out on Friday...

Poor baby, the removal of the plate is another surgery and more pain for her. Hope everything went as planned, and she has a full and quick recovery. Hugs for young Sheeba!

Yes another surgery for poor Sheeba..
    Until that happens, (in about 4 weeks) at least we will have her indoors and getting stronger in the leg.. We do her exercises at least 3 times a day every day.. We let her play on the floor with her toys every day on the living room floor and with us there only.. She goes out on the patio for a short walk and to go "potty".. She is walked around the house often..
    What more can we do for her other than spoil her with love.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What more can we do for her other than spoil her with love.....
    Love is oftentimes the best medicine for all of us.

Tomorrow is the BIG day for our Sheeba.. The stitches come out and she is going to have an examination from the doctor..
    He will let us know when he thinks the plate should come out.. I am not looking forward to that as it is a complete operation all over again with more stitches..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.