Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

An Unfortunate Accident !!!

Thanks for asking..
    Sheeba is almost back to being a normal dog, if there is such a thing..
    She runs just like any other dog her size.. We keep her from jumping but there again, that is very difficult..
    She is now 14 months old and has matured to no end..
    Still doesn't bark at all unless someone knocks at our door or if an animal comes on our property at night.. She thinks she is protecting us..
    We call her our Rottweiler, Pom..
    She still enjoys watching TV and will give a growl if she sees another animal on the TV ...
    She gets along extremely well with other dogs..
    She is still only 1.9kg which is about 4 pounds..
    We are starting to teach her some basic commands such as "sit", "come", "paw"...
    She is 100% potty trained and will NEVER make in the house..

In conclusion, we simply adore her and she is spoiled to NO end !!!

We even bought her some dresses to wear which she loves..

Great to hear she's doing so well! She is a little peanut at 4 pounds, and she sounds like a real delight to live with...thanks for the update Steve!

I'm so sorry to hear about Sheebas accident but I am glad to hear she is almost back to normal now! My grandma has a 12 year old pom named Babycakes and she's such a little sweetie. Well wishes to your Sheeba!

Thanks for the good wishes and concerns for Sheeba..

She is maturing awfully fast.. In other words, she is outgrowing her puppy stage and becoming more independent and adult like..
    Yes, she still has her moments (which we still love) ......

We are off to see the tall ships in Sault Ste. Marie next week.. Unfortunately, our 1.9kg (4 pound) pom isn't allowed on the ships even if she is in a carrying pouch..
    Well, we found a kennel (which I call doggy camp) in the area that charges only $16.00 per day so our Sheeba is going to doggy camp for 2 days while we do our thing.. The owner also has 2 poms about the same size as our Sheeba, so she will have who to play with..

We are taking our camping trailer which again will be the first time Sheeba will do some camping..
    Talk about an experience, doggy camp and then camping for a full week at a campground that has a doggy beach..
    WOW !!!!
    That could be either very good or very bad, depending on the habits she will pick up.. She NEVER barks or bites.. Poms are generally known as barkers, however ours only gives one bark if someone comes to the door, if there is a wild animal outside, or if she has to go potty..

I will let you know how that went..
    I do realise that she had a badly broken leg, but she seems to be perfect now.. We still have to take extra care as she has very small bones..

Have a nice time in Sault Ste. Marie, Steve! I'm sure Sheeba will have a good time at 'doggy camp', especially with two other Poms...but I'm sure she'll miss you and your wife greatly. Our dog loves to go camping with us, and when we went to Oregon years ago, they loved romping on the beach.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.