What Does Your Dog Breed Say About You?

What Does Your Dog Breed Say About You?

I just read an article from the Cesar Millan website about what your dog breed says about you. I am a terrier/shih tzu/mutt person. And to sum it all up, this is what it said.

Terrier Person- Flexible and able to focus at hand. On the other hand, terrier people are feisty, brave and competitive. And are talkative and have a good sense of humor.

Mixed Breed Person- open minded, carefree and fun-loving

What kind of dog breed person are you? LOL. If you don't think that the dog breed description fits you, feel free to make your own.

That was pretty interesting.

Rottweilers are wound around my heart. I have sent three on to their ancestors and all of them had cancer, so I'm not sure I could ever watch another one go thru that. My Dobe/Rott is a rescue and around 11 yrs by now. She is starting to have issues but they are related to whatever happened to her before I rescued her, when she was 12 - 18 months old.

Rottweilers are determined and are often described as intense. This breed commands a certain amount of respect and is considered to be a courageous breed. People that have rottweilers are confident and are loyal and devoted to their friends and loved ones. They are laid back but quick to react if someone rubs them the wrong way.
    That's about the size of things

We've owned Standard Schnauzers for years now, but they're not on the list. The minis are small terriers, but the standards are larger working dogs, not really the same personalities. They were used in the German army as first aid dogs, etc. Wish the list included some more breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by TWHRider View Post
    That was pretty interesting.

Rottweilers are wound around my heart. I have sent three on to their ancestors and all of them had cancer, so I'm not sure I could ever watch another one go thru that. My Dobe/Rott is a rescue and around 11 yrs by now. She is starting to have issues but they are related to whatever happened to her before I rescued her, when she was 12 - 18 months old.

That's about the size of things
    I'm sorry to hear that all of them had cancer. That's certainly devastating. If it weren't for the hot weather here and my not so healthy lifestyle, I would have gotten myself a Rottie or Dobe. I like how regal they look and how trainable they are. I've always wanted to do precision and guard dog training. Perhaps someday, I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    We've owned Standard Schnauzers for years now, but they're not on the list. The minis are small terriers, but the standards are larger working dogs, not really the same personalities. They were used in the German army as first aid dogs, etc. Wish the list included some more breeds.
    I knew you would say something like this. But I was only able to find one for Miniature Schnauzers and I wasn't sure whether Hans was a mini... This is what it said.

Miniature Schnauzer Person is strict and organized. Clutter isn't tolerated . They are loyal and compassionate with strong work ethics. They are people who thrive in rules and everything in its rightful place.

Oh, and I just love what they said about Shih Tzus. Owners of Shih Tzus are friendly and non-judgmental. They are confident and enjoy a calm lifestyle. They aren't one who take extra work on chores and prefer being taken care of ( LOL. In short, I am a lazy dog owner!)

Credit goes to Petplace

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.