Are bulldogs good pets?

Are bulldogs good pets?

I would like to get a bulldog but there is one younger child that lives with me. Would a bull dog make a good pet? If so, can you give me some facts about bulldogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZODMJLhYDI

I've never had any experience with Bulldogs myself, but I've heard from friends and other rescue volunteers that they make fantastic family pets. My advice would be to look for one needing a home with a rescue - they will be able to tell you if s/he has been tested with children and how it went, if they've not yet been tested around children they should be more than happy to do it for you before you adopt him. That way you know you're adopting a dog that's going to get on well with your family

Never owned a Bulldog, but petted some at the park, very nice. Here's some info, with additional links at the bottom of the article...http://bulldoginformation.com/temper...character.html

Bulldogs make okay family pets. The problem with them is their strong will and determination. This means that you might wonder why they're not the easiest pet to train. Also, they are brachycephalic dogs, which means that they can have problems with breathing due to having a snub nose.

So far, that's it. A friend of mine adopted a bulldog from the shelter and they've never regretted it even once.

Now that I've laid that out, here's something to inspire you.

bull dogs are like any other dogs they need love and respect just like any dog. if the dog is raised in a loving respectful environment then no doubt you will will have a good dog.

I have a french bulldog whom I absolutely adore. Although I don't have children of my own, he is great with my friend's kids. However, it is important to note, as others have stated above, that they are definitely a strong willed and stubborn breed - Hank (my frenchie) took forever to train. They are also a higher maintenance breed due to the facts they overheat easily, you have to clean their wrinkles, etc. If you have the time to devote, though, I would definitely recommend them as a pet. Hope this helps

I see some French Bulldogs at the park sometimes, very sweet! Just the other day I met a French Bulldog puppy, he was white and a brindle color. He was so excited to be petted that he flipped himself over and tangled himself up in his leash.

I just found an article about french bulldogs, detailing some of the issues that arise with a flat-faced breed. Maybe this will help you, Hammer!
    http://www.allpetnews.com/french-bul...t-a-cute-face/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.